Planar Magnetic Open Back Over-Ear Headphones

Okay, just making sure, i get the options, thanks for your help, i really appreciate your time, patience, and your knowledge, you were helpful, looking forward to making this setup into reality once i get enough money saved up to buy everything for this setup, I can’t wait, i am overjoyed about it happening in the near future!!

1 Like

No problems, it should be pretty sweet :+1:

1 Like

I will say that the sundaras have the second best bass i’ve heard after the nighthawks (not that i’ve heard many headphones lol). Very tight, precise and fast. i would suggest you don’t expect a boomy sound but a very very nice tight punchy bass. Very good detail and crazy well rounded headphone. i seriously know what neutral is now since i can’t see it being slightly more bright, warm or dark. just has a perfect balance of both. and you mentioned being ocd about having the perfect sound, i think the sundara’s sound pretty dang perfect tbh (even if perfect is subjective)

@Jose_G Awesome. I’m enjoying my new Sundara as well. Pretty much as you described. I am fussy about realistic timbre and these are great. Also hearing details I never heard on the 4xx. Try Billie Jean!! Also reallly good for vocals in general and orchestral, which are my preference IF well written music and recorded well. Oh oh, I’m getting fussier! lol

1 Like

You guys should realize that when I had an issue with Hifiman they reach out to you fast. In order to do this just post on headfi because they monitor the site. I had an issue with one of the drivers not working and after my post they reached out to me. To me thats great customer service. They wanted me happy with their product.

2 Likes

The only issue I have had was a headband snapping on a he560 v1 and within a day they shipped out a new headband, pretty great customer service

3 Likes

Good to know, thanks. I plan to be careful with them. :grinning:

The sundara doesn’t have that issue (and tends to have higher qc), so not as much of a worry

1 Like

Great…sure enjoying the sound. Still w. Atom, but int. in Asgard 3 and the e30.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to run a 4.4mm periapt balanced cable? For better sound? Should i run 5ft or 7ft length periapt cable for on the go use?

1 Like

As long as you are going balanced for the hiby and then grabbing an adapter for the asgard, that would work. I didn’t think periapt sold 4.4mm cables yet. On the go, I think 5ft is where I would personally like it

1 Like

I go with the same type 8 cable for on the go?

1 Like

So at this point, for periapt you would go with a type 8 and make sure to get the adapter with the 4.4mm balanced as well

1 Like

Get any 4.4mm adapter or is there certain adapter that would be best for it?

1 Like

The one I linked previously will work nicely, or any other one that is similar for the most part

1 Like

Isn’t it a XLR adapter?

1 Like

You are still considering the periapt cable right?

1 Like

Yes i am, i am going to be using all Periapt cables

You would get type 8 and then this adapter to run it off a 4.4mm balanced dap

1 Like

Okay got it, that adapter, 5ft cable, for on the go. 7ft cable is over kill for on the go right?