Planning to upgrade from my HyperX Cloud Alphas

Alright. I’ll place it among my choices while I think about it some more. Thanks!

The 880 is universally praised. That seems like a good price, too. If it’s in good condition, I would go for that. I would take it over the 4xx and 58x.

And yes, Hifiman quality control will always be an issue. They used to have physical build issues and driver issues have always been a concern. It’s a shame because they have some of the best sounding headphones out there.

1 Like

880 is great and woukd also take over the other 2 choices if i already had the gear to power it

1 Like

I personally think its a preference thing, because I think that the 880 and the 4xx and 58x are in the same league, just for different preferences

1 Like

facts.

880 is my pick for metal and rock anc acoustics out of the 3
4xx for more modern genres r and b and hip hop

and 58x for all rounder but my pick for very midcentric music out of the 3
they all do everythign well though including gaming so hard to go wrong.

1 Like

How well do the 880s handle games in terms of competitiveness and immersion?
In your opinion, I mean. Since you mentioned the 58X handling gaming pretty well.

PS: Nice Jollibee dp btw

I think the 880 handles it pretty well not as good as the DT 990 but similarly to the 58x but with wider sound stage I kinda want to call it a more casual experience.

1 Like

I would agree, I would say it does a better job at recreating and placing sounds in space, but the 58x has the slight edge in imaging performance. Personally I think both are actually pretty good for both casual and mild competitive, and perfectly suitable for being an all rounder daily driver

1 Like

especially in fast paced shooters where you have no time to analyse how fara footstep is rather you want to know immidiately where a footstep of a shot is a more narrow soundstage tends to be betwe I find but as avid siege player I found a wider soundstage is nice as well as in that game being sorta slow and methodical knowing how far a footstep is very good as it helps locate a person such as which window or door they are at exactly

1 Like

My most played game currently is Siege actually so it’s nice to hear opinions on how the headphones work on it. Thanks!

Yeah, it should be more then capable for r6, and personally I would say better then the 58x for that game because of the more even response of the 880 because of the wider range of sounds you would focus for in r6 then a game like csgo or another shooter like that.

1 Like