Pls help me choosing a headphone

some terms he didn’t mention?
I prefer; EDM, rock, folk, and country, Jpop and anime ost
Terms described me; Bass; Punchy
Mid; can be boxy but I prefer smooth and detailed
Treble(I’m treble sensitive. I even hear that annoying “sh” vocal in shure440); relaxed and recessed
( I don’t know what sibilance mean)
Sound sig; Dark? I don’t know
Thanks
1 Like

I wanna say take a look at the HD 58x nice smooth punchy open back with great mids, another one to look at possible the Nighthawk carbons and I’m not sure how good it is yet but the Fidelio x3 . The x2hr is fun if you want bass but not a lot of audiophiles favorite

hard skip this one Rice since hes sensitive. It’s extremely bright take that one from me. The rest of your recommendations are solid

Thanks you guys!!

If you don’t mind, is it true that fidelio x2 has a distortion mentioned by Dms.
If that is, I need to find other headphone for open world,casual, single player game
Koss kph30i?

Yeah Havent heard much about it I assumed it was gonna be similar to the X2 I guess not

It does distort if the song is bassy but does well with more organic bass sounds like a timpani. if you are considering the kph30i I think the logical upgrade headphones to it is the 58x less bassy , more soundstage but similar sound sig I feel overall, does really well for gaming in general

So hd58x or kph30i
heard that 58x sometimes bloated

I would say just go 58x at this point man. After the previous posts of yours. 58x is quite neutral, mid centric, good soundstage, good imaging, its just extremely well rounded without brightness. It fits pretty much anything… Definitely wouldn’t call it bloated if anything I hear people mention the “sennheiser veil”

1 Like

Trust your word, thanks man

1 Like

also, sibilance is that annoying SS sound that you will hear that to your ears appears far to sharp or uncomfortable. This could be from vocals, cymbal crash, glass breaks, bullet echo down halls even in movies, essentially anything with a hissing sound or a higher pitch of tone that can be very uncomfortable. Everyone is quite different in this regard for sensitivity myself personally I can wear anything bright but others may not be able to… of which you gotta just watch how headphones sound before you buy them is all for their treble

1 Like

I can also vouch for the HD58X. Its not at all bloated and has a great mid focused sound. The highs are also very smooth but still detailed and well extended.

1 Like

I mean, granted that new one just came out but I wouldn’t like to recommend that till more is known on it or till I had it myself.

I don’t personally think it’s bloated it’s fairly tight bass wise I feel the people that think it’s bloated are the people that like super reference gear. the kph 30i sound more bloated expecially with the stock pads

1 Like

bloated and a bit muddy in my opinion. Much prefer porta pro or ksc75 over the kph 30i for sound

1 Like

I felt the same but yaxis made them really good got rid of a good amount of bloat

And here’s a textbook example at 00:30:

2 Likes

You had me listen to that… with a DT 1990… that’s uncomfortable as hell lmao.

Though yes, spot on

1 Like

Check sivga phoenix. Smooth and detailed. Not harsh either. I dont own a pair but that is the impression that all the reviews. Im wait for the earpad change they are gonna do (heard from some youtuber).
The other one on my radar is the Sennheiser hd560s.

Edit: forgot to add that sivga phoenix is apparently bassy and has a great thump/kick

2 Likes

I personally have the Phoenix, and I also stated on (this forum, not this thread) here that they will release a new set of earpads. I was in touch with them recently and they told me they were hoping to finish the new set by the end of this month. But I can definitely vouch for the Phoenix, especially with your described sound sig. preference.

2 Likes