Post your crazy system here

actually i dont have the SP200 connected right now. just the RNHP and DV. i was thinking about doing that though

1 Like

Ah gotcha, a simple xlr splitter would be able to get the job done

Here’s my complicated diagram.

PC - DAC - AMP - Cans.

11 Likes

So simple yet so true

1 Like

lol i could make one of these but my chain is fairly small atm, but seeing M0N’s setup definitely is inspiring to work on expanding it. it seems like I need more dacs and amps lol

1 Like

Nonono, that wasn’t the goal of putting that here lol, avoid getting to that point lol, it’s much easier to do it the normal way

5 Likes

If we wanted normal, cheap, or easy we wouldn’t be here. Thanks M0N!!!

\joke

4 Likes

Imo I do think depending on your headphones it’s worthwhile to have a few amps, perhaps 1 or 2 dacs, but I would really recommend going for quality over quantity. In that setup, I have the amps and dacs because each one has their place and doesn’t overlap that use case or sonic goal, if something overlaps or starts to lack a reason for keeping it, it gets sold off

Also flexibility is something to consider as well, looking at @wheezs setup he has lots of flexibility for what he can do with his digital sources and where things route, which is pretty neat

4 Likes

I really like you have a dedicated dac and amp for burning in, that shows dedication :call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

You only do it right when your system looks like a modular synth setup :smiley:

(I want something like that at some point in my life)

4 Likes

Ah yes, some of those setups are wonderful

Mon’s setup is amazing and honestly I would have to do some research to really understand what all the devices were and how exactly it all worked. That being said, I think the end of my upgrade path will look similar in complexity to Ant’s system (hopefully I have enough control to stop there). A good DAC or two, a few amps maybe one ss, hybrid, and tube, and a few headphones and one desktop speaker.

Right now I have ODAC -> LCX -> HE4XX/HE400, Swan m10 2.1*
-> CTH** -> 6XX

*I also have the EdifierR1280T, but they are too tall for my desk space.
**CTH is sitting in the mail but this is what I had in mind. I almost never prefer the 6XX to the 4XX, so maybe the CTH will make the 6XX more interesting to me.

My current upgrade path is looking like Sundara, Elex and/or Ananda; hopefully I don’t find the need to invest in an Arya after the Ananda. If I like what the CTH adds to the sound, then maybe I’ll get a darkvoice or bottlehead crack and have a ss, hybrid and tube. Otherwise, I’ll sell off my CTH and 6XX. As for desktop speakers, I might upgrade to Edifier S350DB and hopefully never need anything else.

Essentially my vision for the future is the following:
a better DAC -> LCX / CTH / Darkvoice -> Ananda, Elex, 6XX, Edifier S350DB

For portable I use QC35 which I don’t plan to change. Maybe I’ll consider IEM’s if I can get my Tin T2 to fit in my ear properly. Otherwise, IEM’s may just not be my thing.

Ok, I’m done rambling and getting off topic. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Also since I made another one, here is my current Desk 2 setup (this one is just my bedroom setup)

Yes I understand the skipjack is extremely overkill but I have had it for years and haven’t bothered selling it, so it’s in use here. Also you may wonder why I don’t have more stuff on my profile if I have it, and that’s because there is a 3k character limit and I keep hitting it and having to remove parts of my profile to squeeze it all in there, so not everything I have and use is listed (but most of it is)

Also no point in going over my living room setup since that one is pretty simple. And not going to try and make a flowchart hell of my studio gear as I said before

7 Likes

that’s a sign from the universe :rofl:

6 Likes

Yeah really pissing me off, had to remove my past amps and other stuff too, like further shorten names to at least you can barely tell what they are (also apparently it can’t be changed)

Maybe just provide a link in your bio to a public (noneditable) google doc where everything is listed?

Hmmmm, seems complex lol, I think I’ll just keep it as is

I use RCA splitters if that helps you. USB source, RCA output and split those into multiple amps.

1 Like

Is there any con to using RCA splitters? Does it drop the voltage in half or something else? Is it any different than using built in pre outs on amps?

So going off the basis of an audible difference, splitting one or two times passively really isn’t typically audible unless you have a crappy splitter or have some impedance mismatch somehow. Electrically it will degrade the signal though to some degree

3 Likes