🔶 PULA (audio) PA02

This is the official thread for the PULA PA02

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: In Ear
  • Amp needed: No but better with
  • Driver Type: 1DD 4BA

:red_circle: AliExpress Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

7 Likes

Graph :chart_with_upwards_trend:: Bad Guy normalized at 300Hz

Graph :chart_with_upwards_trend:: ToneDeafMonk normalized at 300Hz

Graph :chart_with_upwards_trend:: Bad Guy normalized at 300Hz comparing with U12T.

5 Likes

Thanks for the thread. The graph, config, faceplate, and price all make this very interesting. I bought one a few days ago. Thanks for the setup.

6 Likes

Definitely, I bought one too.
The Pula PA02 measures quite closely to the Sound Rhyme SR5, only the PA02 has much greater treble extension. As TDM mentions, also very close to the OG Cannon.

Here is a demo comparing SR5 & Hype 2

4 Likes

I purchased them a couple days ago as well

8 Likes

Make sure you do a comparison between these and T4s please…. Walk me awayyyyyy from the edge, brother :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

But the edge is so fun. I’ve been listening to the T4 almost every night except a few which o switched to my HBB mahinas. The T4 are such a great set,really glad I went for them.They will definitely not be getting sold/traded. For sure keepers!!!

4 Likes

No same here, man. My pair is not with me right now but I am missing them tremendously. I think that set accomplishes a lot with just 4 BAs.

If the Pulas are indeed better, for a cheaper retail price, then I’ll have no choice but to make some decisions here. But we shall see…

On the graph, they follow a similar tuning style to the SR5 with just more bass and lower mids all around + better treble extension, which, If I’m just imagining how they sound, would be damn near a perfect set for me.

4 Likes

Agree. I’m looking forward the the bass lift on them and the treble extension as you were saying. The T4 fit me so well also,tried I think about 9-10 different tips and the TRN T tips are the winners for me

3 Likes

5 Likes

@ctjacks336 sweeeeeet - I settled on some stock Penon tips for my pair. They fit like a literal glove, and, those tips took care of the strange random pressure build-up I started to experience.

4 Likes

I had a little bit of pressure with some of the tips but nothing to crazy

2 Likes

Agreed a stiffer tip seemed to help if you want to try. Something like the KBear 07 or 08. Similar to those.

3 Likes

The whizzer did well for me,the Trn t are just so damn comfy and get a phenomenal seal with no pressure. Haven’t used them for any of my other sets

4 Likes

New tgx78 graphs available :chart_with_upwards_trend:

It’s like a bass boosted pinna-relaxed Yume 2

3 Likes

Omg, that’s peak on 8Khz…will be bright as Sound Rhyme SR05. But will be buy too, seller provide a customization :blush:

1 Like

The 8kHz peak in tgx78’s graph seems to be a measurement artifact, it shows up in pretty much every IEM measurement of his.

It’s much less in TDM’s graph and more of a bump or hill there. If it was something egregiously audible, TDM would have mentioned it and not have called it a masterpiece in tuning.

But we’ll see (hear) I guess.

3 Likes

You definitely don’t hear that 8k or if so adds in some secondary harmonics.

FYI that is also my set Jim has. He ordered one without knowing I did as well but his is still in transit. It will be good to see his set and how it measures as well.

I also have a second set incoming to compare.

Each shell toplate is hand made and unique per set I liked that.

7 Likes

Yes, they are different. I ordered a special version, as soon as it arrives to me, I will immediately take measurements. As for the peak, it is there and audible, I redid the tuning in my SR05 and it went away, but only on 10kHz :slight_smile:

I see the Pula PA02 is down to $148.
Are they worth it, or has the hype train derailed?
It usually doesn’t derail until the day after I place my order, so hopefully it’s still chugging along.

4 Likes