🔶 PULA (audio) PA02

Remember this one I showed yesterday?
One plus 4 BA at least they stated somewhat the configuration

First run has a typo on shell SL IVO
Instead of SLIIVO oops :grimacing:

1 Like

I’m looking forward to trying out other tunings, so far Variations is the perfect female highlight while the Xenns up is my bassy all-rounder

For now I just sit and wait until I got money and look for stuff with cool tunings

2 Likes

LHM? sorry, can you elaborate? Those are not the PULA PA02. What is LHM. (ten characters to post.) thank-you.

1 Like

I got these from HiFiGo last Wednesday. I am not an expert on graphs, or anything yet. I have a portable FiiO Q3 DAC/AMP which I bought a year ago with Sennheiser HD560S. The Pula PA02 sound amazing to my ears. As I told Tone Deaf, I much appreciated the advice to buy these, as I am quite happy so far. I have used an EQ setting for the ThieAudio Monarch II on a Peace EQ on my PC, and the same with Wavelet on my Galaxy Phone. The “tuning” to my taste is spectacularly engaging. NiN Pretty Hate Machine, Queens of the Stone Age, Yunchan Lim’s Rachmanioff #2, Yoasobi Idol, Bowie’s Let’s Dance, Eminem Without Me are recent listens, and they all bang on the Pulas.
anyway my two cents: the Youtube reviewers are worth listening to, and as I said,I am happy.

also. Looks to be Pula did not skimp on the cable, or looks and finish, the cable is their $85.00 silver plated, copper core one on the Cicada store. (Quality Control, will keep you all informed.)

I don’t know about hype, but I think from my initial few days of owning these, and burning them in while I sleep, I will look very seriously at a Pula flagship IEM in the future if they develop one with the same Chinese tuner.

(ThieAudio, Simgot, and Fat Freq are brands I look to currently.)

2 Likes

you are correct. I was on the Aliexpress Cicada Audio Store chat with a customer service guy. They sell their own brand Pula. They manufacture their own custom BA’s, not Knowles.

I was interested because I bought these on ToneDeafMonks, and Jay’s Audio reviews on Youtube. I’ve only had them since Valentine’s (2024) but I love them. I got a pair of Simgot EM6L’s on the same day from Amazon, and so far enjoy the Pula’s more. The EM6L’s hit a bit too much sibilantly for me. (so far.) with the same EQ settings as the Pula’s. Anyway I like Tone Deaf, and have told him so. I feel he gives legit reviews, based on loving music, and this “hobby” of IEM’s

As far as quality control:

Blockquote

有什么问题呢?

What’s the problem?

Alibaba Translation

我能帮到你什么?

What can I do to help you

Alibaba Translation

there is not problem. can you wait for my typing?

Read

The Pula PA02 is manufactured with what brand/manufactured by Knowes?

Read

Knowles BA drivers?

Read

[Deal]

[Deal]

Alibaba Translation

不,

No,

Alibaba Translation

ah.

Read

我们定制的专用BA

Our customized dedicated B

Alibaba Translation

in house manufactured.

Read

I see.

Read

The quality of the sound is high quality.

Read

wonderful, fantastic, beautiful, powerful.

Read

I am impressed.

Read

谢谢

Thank you

Alibaba Translation

as far as quality control, there was complaints on one of the message boards with cracks in the Pula PA02

Read

My set are good.

Read

As far as building a customer base in the U.S. and UK, Australia… the mostly male customers want quality construction.

Read

是插头的链接出吗?

Is the link of the plug out

Alibaba Translation

My set are fine. very good.

Read

Read

质量我们是严格把控的,

We strictly control the quality,

Alibaba Translation

还有一年的免费维修服务。

And one year of free maintenance service

Alibaba Translation

good. Well I will be looking to recommend these great sounding IEM’s to everyone.

Read

I love them.

Read

谢谢您的认可。

Thank you for your approval

Alibaba Translation

“And one year of free maintenance service”

Read

good, good. haha! thank you for the information.

Read

[Shake hands]

[Shake hands]

Alibaba Translation

have a good day.

Read

[Waving]

1 Like

My thumb got sore scrolling that LOL

5 Likes

…another one fell for the trick.

Whenever a company says they got their own “custom” drivers = Bellsing or LS/E-Audio.

7 Likes

What if they say Customised Knowles or Custom Sonion ?

1 Like

Did you add the “mostly male” part of did they? Very odd addition :thinking:

2 Likes

I wonder if “custom” in this case just implies that they tweaked the damping

3 Likes

I would think so unless you can get a customised version of the BA from the company?

2 Likes

While I have had my reservations about the Pula PAO2 I have found it’s perfect companion with Hiby RS2 now I really appreciate it’s playback.

4 Likes

Its not perfect but for sub $200 it sure does alot of things right.

Deeper into the rabbit hole with a slightly different tuning I am going with the SL41 taking me a while to figure out what I am liking or at least to put on paper.

Not as much bass more mids come through and layering this is interesting.

I like my bass tho so its hard compromise

1 Like

Then it is legit from those brands. Question is then if they just added a filter/damper into it and then its “customized” or if they actually commisioned a specially designed BA from them with X parameters.

3 Likes

That sl41 model is dissapeared from the store. This graph is actually interesting)

He said someone was messing with his site on that particular IEM only disrupting the link. I would reach out directly and get a working one if interested.

I blamed KZ.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLsJyyI

1 Like

haha! I am ignorant of tricks. I’ve no idea what “Bellsing or LS/E-Audio.” are.

Let me clarify my experience: I spent $189 on the Pula PA02’s ordered from HiFiGo. I was itching to get my hands on my first set of IEM’s. As I had watched tons of youtube videos on the “hobby.” starting in January. I was looking to buy ThieAudio Hype 2’s, ThieAudio Hype 4’s aren’t even out yet. Blind buys based on YT and written reviews. While waiting impatiently for the Pula’s being shipped here, I bought some Simgot EM6L’S from Amazon. Both the Pula PA02, and Simgot EM6L’s were delivered last week to my greedy happy hands. I have been listening to both sets EQ to Monarch MK II on peace EQ, and Wavelet. I’ve little knowledge other than my ears. I enjoy both sets. I think the Pula’s are fantastic. I posted that whole thread above because I wanted to find out what Cicada Audio Store says about their IEM’s first hand.

My entry point into higher quality equipment was from the pure enjoyment I got out of buying Sennheiser HD 560S and a FiiO Q3 a year ago. The research was fun, the music I love is much improved (on a modest budget.) I had never heard of Sonion, or Knowles, let alone BA’s. So still quite ignorant. But my experience with the PA02 are I love them.

2 Likes

I’ve not seen a single IEM reviewed by a woman. Have you? I think likely female musicians use IEM’s but not most woman. So yes me.

1 Like

I didn’t know more stores and distributors are picking up the PULA brand it will help people in some countries who cant ship or have access to AliExpress.

Thanks for sharing much appreciated that will help the community.

1 Like

excuse me I actually identify as a squirrrel.

4 Likes