Purely competitive fps headphone

Cant i get away with with just one or the other? for the sundara.

I’ve been using the same setup for about three years for COD/war zone/blackout. 2013 mix amp, k701, and modmic. Bass is almost non existent but I can’t imagine a better setup for pin point accuracy.

Sundara not only scales more its more power demanding and picky about it… just a zen dac on the sundara is something I cannot personally confirm and others who currently own the unit will have to confirm for you.

should be fine to get the zen can then and ran it through the motherboard dac.

You can yes provided your motherboard is capable of providing a relatively clean signal. Though it will not best a dac… cutting corners is fine but going with motherboards will yield poorer results compared to dedicated units

Something to note… zen dac and can have most of their power in the balanced port of which the hifiman here do not come with a balanced cable. Sound quality will differ between the two ports and unbalanced will be quite a bit weaker. If planned to use the balanced port, Please do not try to plug the unbalanced cable into the balanced port with some kind of adapter as this will damage the units… the cable itself has to be made balanced.

well I am also tempted by just getting a schiit fulla 4 or hell, maybe a mayflower arc mk2 for the mic input since it will be for gaming, mostly. From what ive researched the fulla 4 will be capable of powering the sundaras but ive seen people complain about qc.

edit: So rn Sundaras are back in stock and im tempted to either go fulla 4, hell or magni/modi stack. Im not quite sure how good the magni(which one is most neutral,clean)/modi is for me to forgo the mic input. I will probably not buy any other headphone in the near future more powerful than the sundara.

not so sure on fulla 4, though I know hel definitely can. However Fulla is more worth its price since hel and mayflower are both $180+ seing how you can get a dedicated stack for about $150 ish and have better results. Less your using modmic you really don’t need the mic input and even then… they really aren’t all that great.

magni and modi is fine and will have the most power and cleanest signal next to hel. Can easily find this stuff on the used market though and save yourself some money… magni and modi like just magni 3+ can be found for around $70 same with modi as long as its the most recent models