🔷 Qudelix-5K

btw excluding volume what does the balanced connection give you… compared to the ear studio app there is little explaination as to what all these things do like the Earstudio app

5K has a smaller battery 500mA, (BTR5 550mA), but QCC5124 consumes much less power than CSR8675(BTR5). ES9218p consumes most of the power, and Both 5K and BTR5 would give you a similar battery time.

Qudelix 5K maximum volume is slightly bigger than BTR5. With a power-hungry headphone and 5K full volume would drain the battery faster than typical use case. We believe if you test 5K and BTR5 precisely at the same output level, you will get similar battery times for both of them.

Lastly, testing the battery time at the full volume level seems not fair for every use case. Do you really listen to music at that sound pressure level?

6 Likes

Just wanted to jump in to share my battery life experience with the 5K.

6 hours is about what I’m getting from the balanced output in performance mode LDAC driving ISN audio H40 (don’t have any big cans to test on but 4 hours sounds right)

Driving them through the unbalanced and in standard mode I see closer to 15 hours so the difference seems significant. Driving something like the AT m50x I get closer to 12.

Seems that the range of battery life you can get out of this thing is pretty big which is something to consider if you absolutely MUST have the highest audio quality at all times but I’ve not noticed big differences going to standard mode from performance certainly sufficient for all normal listening.

I’m convinced that 20 hours is achievable but I’ve no interest in testing low quality AAC low volume unless people are really keen to know it can do it.

1 Like

New Qudelix 5k owner coming from the es100 mk2. The biggest difference between these two is the usb c the Q5k has. Why did redstone go with micro usb. The clip on the Q5k is more solid, but fucking retarded to get used to. I get the idea behind it but real world scenarios I struggle with it. The option of using an in line mic on the Q5k is fucking nice. I dont think es100 has this option. (Correct me if I’m wrong)
The added power to the 2.5 balance is going to enhance your listening experience . I dont hear any coloration on one over the other ,but that might be just matter of opinion. The apps are pretty much the same. The micro usb on my es100 mk2 stopped charging and that is why I opted to buy the 5k. Radstone hasnt responded to my email regarding a replacement since I’m still under the 1 year manufacture warranty. And to top it off the user has to pay minimum 60$ to have their unit fixed. 100$+60$. People just buy the Qudelix you will not regret it.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I am new to the community so please forgive my lack of knowledge.

I have Dm6, Blon 03 and recently purchased Thieaudio Clairvoyance. I was advice by someone to get AMP/DAC to get the most out of my CLAIR.
I dont own any headphones so will I be good with Qudelix-5k/BTR5 or does HIP DAC will actually make my gear sound better?
I have a XIAOMU MI9t phone and windows laptop. I am willing to invest in TIDAL if the differences are actually distinguishable. Currently I use Apple Music.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hip dac sounds better imo. But if you need to go with wireless/bluetooth, either the 5k or btr5 will be just fine.

1 Like

I have heard elsewhere that the BTR5 does support mic passthrough so I was surprised to hear that “You have to use the mic on the BTR5”.
This is the #1 feature I am looking for really as I want wireless microphone capability for VR.
A microphone built into the device itself - even if it is of high quality - is never going to be as well positioned as a proper boom mic or on-cable mic so it sucks to have to use the Bluetooth DAC’s microphone.
Would really appreciate a check on this as the Q5K is not properly available in the UK so to import it would price it a good $20 higher than the BTR5.

There are a few conflicting reports. Then I found this video from FiiO themselves:
https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/328481.html
Guess it depends on whether you have a CTIA or OMTP inline microphone?
Now I wonder if the Qudelix accounts for this.

I have AKG Y50s which I am pretty confident are CTIA. The internet suggests OMTP is old hat at this point. Although I’d also like the option to use a PC headset or discreet boom microphone (both through an adaptor of course). If a headset (with separate jacks for mic and sound) works with an android smartphone through an adaptor then I am hoping it would also work with this through an adaptor.

I feel there is a gap in the market for a good but not audiophile grade Bluetooth DAC with three 3.5mm ports: 2-pole headphones, microphone, and 4-pole/CTIA headset. The device would use the microphone port if one is plugged in, or fall back to CTIA if not falling back to it’s internal mic only if 2-pole headphones are installed.
Bluetooth gaming headsets sound terrible so the option to convert an existing good wired headset to wireless would be a good selling point. And wireless audio is increasingly important with the advent of VR.

I’d say for gaming the q5k is better than the btr 5, spec-wise.(i only own the q5k) I play mobile games on my phone through aptx adaptive. SURPRISINGLY good! I wasn’t expecting much, but the first time i tried it, i was so shocked since it didn’t even feel laggy(still could if you tried). And the EQ also works extremely well. The mic feature is rly good if you need, and i personally use.

My biggest advice is to look if your DAP has comparability with the QUDELIX App. If so I would choose over the btr 5 do to fiio crappy app design and bugs. If your DAP does not have support then this means all the eq, power changes etc. Will be done on your phone , no big deal but its inconsistent.

For Qudelix 5K owners… Do you ever experience a soft pop/click when you pause/stop your music? I do when using LZ A7, but not with Final Audio A4000. My guess is, the noise I’m hearing is the amp shutting down to save power, and I’m only hearing it on LZ A7, since they are a bit more efficient.

I’m bring this up, because I wouldn’t expect to hear a pop/click on a product like this. As a comparison, I own a BTR5 and ES100 and don’t recall ever hearing this type of noise.

Also, if it helps, the Q-5K is brand new (got it yesterday). Other than the soft pop/click, the little guy works just find and sounds great out of both bluetooth and USB.

Thoughts? Is this something of concern where I should ask for a replacement, or just let it go?

A question for iOS users with this….

Any recommendations for a lightning cable, before I pick up the CCK one

1 Like

I don’t own the 5K, but I’ve owned other similar devices with USB-C in (BTR5, XD-05 Plus) and I quite like the Lightning-to-USB-C cable that Woo Audio sells:

Not the cheapest in the world, but it’s good quality and the double-right-angle is very nice if you’re carrying two devices in your pocket.

1 Like

Hey guys, can you stream music FROM the 5K to headphones once connected as a USB DAC, or can you only RECEIVE music via bluetooth and output to headphones physically?

Full streaming and audio in works on usb. The rates are somewhat limited but it is a killer setup. probably the best gaming setup for the price. you can dual connect it with your phone on bluetooth and it switches on the fly. my current setup uses it like this but take the headphone output and inputs it into and asgard 3.

killer.

Is it just me or does this thing sound shockingly good for something so tiny?

1 Like

I agree it is even better than BTR5, and BTR5 MQA to my ears.

2 Likes

Damn you tried out all of them?

I wish they added PEQ for the new BTR5 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup😉, still the new ifi on the way.

I have tried also Shanling UP5, but I returned it cuz of QC problems.

I think they are going to add PEQ on the international version + 4.4mm I think, cuz the BTR5 MQA is actually only for Chinese market.