šŸ”· Qudelix-5K

The problem is that I can only get the chinese one :joy: International has insane VAT for me.

Also they are going to release it for Chinese market as well

Oh thatā€™s good to hear, I havenā€™t seen any infos about it, where did you hear from?

From Fiio themselves on Taobao. The only reason they released an updated version cuz of the shortage for the old chips Sabreā€™s ES9219P.

1 Like

Cool! I would love to see a 4.4mm port on the new model, I donā€™t like 2.5mm cuz the jack is pretty vulnerable when I do gyms.

I am the same. Hopefully the new portable Amp/Dac with BT from fiio comes with 4.4mm, and more power as well.

1 Like

I have a microphone on my IEM cable, but when making and receiving calls with the 5k it uses the microphone on the 5k. This is suboptimal, since the 5k is on my belt. Does anyone know if thereā€™s a way to turn off the mic on the 5k and prioritize the one on the cable?

Are you using the 3.5mm or 2.5mm out?

3.5mm output, SE

Not an expert on this but I think youā€™ll need to use the 2.5mm TRRS to use the mic :man_shrugging:

Not sure I understand. Right now it uses the mic with the 3.5 input. I want it not to use the mic, so I can use the one on my cable. Are you saying you need to use the 2.5 port to NOT use the mic?

Again not sure how the 5k is configured Iā€™m sure other folks on here can advise better than me on this :pray:

You can select the in-line mic or mic on 5K in settings, but you need TRRS cable.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll try that. I have a TRRS mic cable, 3.5. It works fine if I plug it directly into the phone with an Apple adaptor.

2 Likes

I found the setting in the app and it works! Sorry to have bothered everyone with something so simple.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the market for a BT DAC/amp and is considering the q5k. Should I avoid the 2.5 mm connection and instead go to 4.4?

Should I also avoid Shanling become of QC??

giphy (1)

2.5mm is fine.
for 4.4mm you would have to take a much bigger Fiio Q5s or Xduoo xd-05 balanced (with weak bluetooth signal).

The new iFi GO Blu is small and has a 4.4mm connection. It has xBass and 3D feature.
Qudelix 5k still the strongest Software with 20 different customs EQ with either 10 band or PEQ, adjustable Crossfeed, build in autoEQ profilesā€¦

1 Like

Qudelik with a 4.4 would be a dream, but if you live in the here and now I can only recommend the 5k for itā€™s sound and customizability from itā€™s app
Just be a bit careful and even 2.5mm will last
If you already have some 4,4 cable maybe wait a while for some reviews of the ifi go but for only 100 bucks more you could get a shanglin m3x so Iā€™m not Shure if the ifi is worth that much for a Bluetooth DAC Amp only ?

Those are good points. Iā€™m not sure what would justify $100 more for the if unless it sounds that much better.
I have some 2.5mm cables already so Iā€™m probably good to go

How is the xBass feature? I donā€™t use EQ with IEMs but I do with headphones. However a bass boost, if done right could be nice sometimes