Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

:rofl:

3 Likes

If I had left out the pain pill one, would the bulge from the tongue in my cheek and the twinkle in my eye have been more obvious?

I am so with you on that!

Figure out what it is, label it clearly and stick to that!

5 Likes

raise?
… umm… some or many comment’s on HifiGuides that totally lack reality.
Topics going from Amps to teletubbies and burning liquids on flamethrower that melt vinyl while burning in the tubs with toilet paper.

oh…let’s talk about pain. 40 years of monthly migraines growing up that turned into something akin to a daily migraine after I crashed on my mountain bike going around 50mph. I was a hermit for 10 years before we discovered a lil pill called flunarizine. what a life saver! now I’ve been functional for 12 years…it’s great to be alive! :smiley:

3 Likes

Damn! Just looked it up. A long time email friend of mine is still suffering acutely twenty years after a bike accident. But he lives in the States and Wikipedia says it’s not available in US. Also, seems to be pretty migraine-specific, so probably not relevant.

(And if you had a time machine to take back a supply of flunarizine to your younger self…)

I wonder why they can’t get it in the US…I had someone in the US off Reddit say it’s not available to them either. it’s not a pain killer, it basically calms down neuropathic activity and it reduced my pain levels by about 80%. I still live with constant pain, but it’s manageable now.

1 Like

Sympathies re the remaining 20%. Passed the name flunarizine on to my friend on the off-chance it can help. Thanks!

A title like that for him, is accurate also GriffinGaming calls him that as well. He deserves every criticism he gets if I were him I would just find an another job besides freaking YouTube during this decade because it is not worth it nowadays.

1 Like

I will complain about something-
getting an allergic reaction because of the dust in the wind and then subsequently having one of my ears pop after blowing my nose is the worst thing. You can feel it, and there’s literally nothing to be done about it until this blasted runny nose subsides.

2 Likes

Haha! One man’s trash…

1 Like

here’s one that’s audio related. Spotify responds to my MS Curve play / volume controls but does not respond to the next or back buttons.

there are no Win 10 drivers for this keyboard either, so I cant see if that’s what’s causing the functionality glitch.

Here’s a rant. Too many Film people fetishize hustle culture and attribute their success to 'hustle while using people like jim Henson and Philip k dick as aspirational figures, even though henson worked til his immune system collapsed and died of flesh eating disease and dick did so much speed to pump out his bibliography that he caused multiple psychotic breaks and permanent damage to his pancreas.
People in my industry are constantly burning out being egged on by folks who dont know what it’s to try and get in nowadays. I’m literally like one of 4 people out of 60 that graduated in my class that still work in the film industry as far as I can tell and it’s so frustrating.

Edited for conciseness

4 Likes

Just… it’s okay for people to not be constantly working and let them pursue their own hobbies. It’s why I decided to deep dive into this hobby after getting to a certain point in my career. People need to have more than just work and sleep in their lives.

Anyways rant over. If you got vacation time use it and have fun

7 Likes

Well said, sir. I’m in academia where the “Publish or Perish” mindset has both similar affect and effect.

4 Likes

Yep. What makes it so much worse is the whole hustle culture has convinced people that they have to make their first projects themselves at their own extreme expense even though the gatekeeping is so heavy most it wont do 99.9 percent of them any good. Especially for people who post stuff to youtube

“Hustle culture” is a phrase I’m not familiar with. In general I understand you to be (rightfully) lamenting workaholicism, but could you unpack that term a bit?

my life if very much like this, but that’s not due to my work being all-encompassing, as it’s not, than the fact I suffer from fatigue and pain issues from injuries 22 years ago. that is also likely exacerbated by the fact that around the time I finish my work day (@ 3PM PST) I start my crash from the Concerta I took when I woke up. that fatigue is a big issue as it often leads me to literally, yes literally, sleep through both Saturday and Sunday with a few hours of wakefulness to hit the shitter or eat something. :frowning:

Nvmd. I Googled it. It is essentially an always on the go work-work-work lifestyle.

I feel like it’s basically a rebranding of workaholism to make it seem more positive

edit: it also tends to encompass trying to turn everything you do into a way to make money, regardless of the stress that adds to literally anything that you might have once done for fun

1 Like