Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

Yeah it’s part of a cultural rebranding of toxic behavior among creatives, influencer and 'self help speaker’s communities.
It’s not just always work work work. It’s always angling for advancement. Makes people miserable.

Its isolating and bad for the long term health of a creative industry.

3 Likes

Woke up finding the Elex, my baby, lying on the floor when I woke up. Apparently the wall hanger fell and so did the cans with it. After much emotional distress I realized that although it sounds fine, the cups and headband are much more rattly and loose compared to before. I had orignally regretted paying full price instead of buying a used pair but at least now I can use the warranty. Drop said they would send me a new pair after I send them mine. Hopefully I don’t get a defective pair cause that would really suck. At least I’m technically getting new pads? lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076NFVW32/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Don’t buy this.

3 Likes

I would say that rather than giving a ‘do not buy’ recommendation, you just provide a warning that the 3M tape may not be as secure as hoped so remedying action can be taken. I’d say you should leave a review on the product to let potential buyers know the adhesive leaves much to be desired. I would also keep in mind that just by chance, whatever you stuck it to may not have been a surface type anticipated… :wink:

that said, I can imagine the moment of panic / worry that you must have experienced when you saw it on the floor. good news is you can buy new pads if the tattered one’s drive you batty.

1 Like

Oh, I quickly wrote a review of them fueled by my shock and hysteria the moment it happened. And yeah, not so much “never buy” but last time I’m trusting a glorified sticker to hold any remotely expensive headphones. I should have known better but you live and you learn :crazy_face:

1 Like

“No glue sticks to dust.”
I prefer screws to all other forms of attachment.

4 Likes

I FUCKING HATE IT WHEN I CAN’T UNHEAR SOMETHING!

I think i just heard something that i REALLY did NOT want to hear and now I’m stuck with the damned thought and idea in my head that I heard it and it’s gonna color my entire thought process, a big FUCK YOU to my “crack dealer” friend. End of rant for the moment.

4 Likes

I think you need better friends… O_0

2 Likes

All I can say is this, fuck you 2020 and fuck you too Corona virus.

5 Likes

Months of fucking with my USB XLR interface because it kept cutting in and out and I found out the Included usb was just shit. Traded it out for the stock usb that came with my chord dac (I replaced it with a fancier one [visually I mean, same general price]) and now it works fine. Fuck sakes

3 Likes

I dont know if this is a grievance but why do so many women not care about sound quality? Just had a lady pop up asking for advice. only cared about comfort. Some guy just said his wife uses spotify cause she prefers the interface. I dont get it. Their nose can sniff out a bad oder from a mile away but their ears cant tell the difference from the m50x to the Elex? Or Spotify mp3’s to Amazon’s Ultra HD?

If they cared maybe they wouldnt care so much of we get a pair of really great headphones or amp. they could enjoy it too! :hear_no_evil:

There’s a gear fetish involved in Audiophilia, and I don’t think the ladies (in general) love the gear as much as guys do.

Think power tools.

7 Likes

Once you get a women to appreciate the details other will follow. How to make that jump happen… no clue. Key thing is making sure environments aren’t scary or toxic for starters.

1 Like

So…send all the ladies to SBAF for advice?

2 Likes

Yeah… before this line of thought goes any further I think it’s time for a change subject.

Biggest grievance right now is the lack of Linux streaming options in HD.

1 Like

I think you can build your own Linux-based streamer, no?

See General linux thread

I searched on Spotify for Cello & Drums and a get a hit. I open the album and click play and I’m blasted with accordion. WTH? after there was some cello and some drum, but still accordion. I don’t mind accordion, but it totally ruined the anticipation. <_<

1 Like

Listening to my Helios lately and its low impendance. So i listen to my other headphones, forget the volume is set to high, and blast out my ears when i switch to the Helios. Wish there was a solution for that. My memory is just crap

there is…make it an action to turn the volume down / off every time you take your headphones off. that way it will become reflex / muscle memory and you’ll save yourself. :smiley:

4 Likes

Anyone who owns a DAP with a volume knob has learned this lesson