Rap, Hip Hop, R and B thread

2 Likes

Brother Ali - Room with a View

1 Like

Ok just trying to get up to speed on what all the cool kids are calling soul music these days.

Soul is still very much alive and well. and you get a lot of sub genres that is very much influenced by soul. right now we have a nice modern soul movement called neo soul which is really cool which is soul mixed with modern electronic sounds , aspects of hip hop and funk.
here are some of my favorite examples

here is a good example of all 3 genres mixing well together

and here is the most popular song that resembles soul of the past 10 years

4 Likes

Just so much to take in from the days of browsing through the sections at tower records.

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I posted this album in another thread; this was my favorite hip hop album of 2020. Super good production and the artist has this very deep, smooth cadence that’s very appealing as well as sinister.

1 Like

Check Knxwledge’s channel on Youtube.

4 Likes

Everybody in Griselda but especially

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

R.I.P. DMX

6 Likes

RIP DMX

If I still drove, I’d be blasting DMX out the windows like the old days.

People in my city got on their bikes and atvs and rode through the streets for X.

Will be watching Belly again.

2 Likes

Just found this gem on Tidal. It’s tough to say who had the best verse on my first listen.

1 Like

Russ came with some BARS on this track to deliver a somewhat-redundant message: he’s rich, you’re not.

BTW: it’s a shame hip hop isn’t often discussed on this site. I mean jeez…it’s only one of the most influential genres of music in the world right now. Not to mention DAT BASS :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Listening to that I was like man this guy reminds me of Mac Miller. Then I did some snooping and saw that some shitty Mac fans were tweeting and hating on Russ after Mac’s death. I’ll be checking more of Russ’ stuff out for sure, nice drop :+1:!

As for rap being one of the most influential genres right now I think that is a subjective opinion. Rap has been and still is heavily influenced and sampled by a plethora of other genres. Which, to me says rappers have more respect and love for a larger variety of music than many other musicians and non musicians do of music genres in general. But I will agree DAT BASS:loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound:

1 Like