đŸ”¶ Raptgo Hook-X

Side by side they sound on par with each other as far as resolving goes I just prefer the overall sound of the hook X

4 Likes

Thanks, man! Not sure if I can part ways with my timeless but I may just have to in order to justify the hook.

Could you compare with Magird Tea or Spring 2 or Timeless in bass, mids and soundstage?

Sorry, I have none of those other IEMs on hand.

maybe someone needs to open it up and check if there is a DD? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Been using these on and off in the office this week, and I feel like it has to be re-iterated: these are a really fun set. Something about them just makes me tap my toes and bob my head without even realizing it. I will say that it seems like I can get a little fatigue over long listening sessions, but man, it’s worth it.

1 Like

Fatigue from the bass, treble, or fit? :slight_smile:

In the same way that I mentioned how I love the appearance of the Serials, and how that’s a factor when it really shouldn’t be
 I get no joy from the appearance of the Hook-X. I would be sad inside if it ever became my sole EDC even if it was pleasing my ears 24-7.

It’s not really doing anything wrong, it’s just very bland, or leaning very slightly towards ugly for my taste.

3 Likes

Pretty sure the fatigue is from treble, although nothing immediately stands out as sibilant or offensive to my ears! Regarding the looks, I dig the understated quasi-industrial look; It is admittedly Spartan compared to a lot of other IEMs though, and would certainly not be in the first group that I would reach for just based on aesthetics. I’m pretty disregarding when it comes to looks, though; sound first and foremost is what matters to me.
Edit: I would also note that I haven’t done ANY aftermarket tip-rolling, so said fatigue may also be fixable by doing so. I always like to give stock tips their “fair shake” first.

2 Likes

This is most likely from the big real 8k peak. I EQ it away.

1 Like

This is quite possible

Update

2 Likes

Same, got an update. Said May 19th for me

1 Like

Awww shit, 4 days early

3 Likes

:triumph::triumph::triumph:

Gonna be an interesting night, time to put the S12 and Timeless to the side for a bit

9 Likes

Better than Timeless?

im definitely gonna wait awhile to direct compare, these and the S12 have made me a believer in burn in no question, sounded completely odd and broken the first 10 minutes, but man after a couple of hours my initial impressions on shuffle are positive.

7 Likes

Got the Hook and It’s probably going to be a mainstay and also a daily driver.

I understand the criticism about the mids. It’s slightly overly smooth and overly distant which makes it sound not so immediate. It’s kinda gentle because of that but energetic at the same time because of the accurate imaging.

Things are clean like I remember the Timeless being but far less aggressive and perhaps a touch and a half less resolute.

So basically my impressions are lining up with what’s already being reported I guess.

It’s gonna be very interesting to hear how the sound develops with burn in.

7 Likes

Few hours in

Stage is very spacious but not craaaazy big, though the notes themselves are grand.

There is almost a complete lack of sound stage “sonic walls” as I like to call them. I don’t sense a hard stop to the propagation of sound, likely thanks to the open back nature.

There is actual depth and imaging accuracy here unlike the Timeless which was worthless at those things.

I do not hear a clear lack of pinna gain or anything obnoxious in the lower treble inwith my set in case anyone was wondering about that. Ƙƙ

3 Likes

It does sound huge and powerful while completely composed at the same time, especially if fed with a powerful and stationary source.

0% fatigue and 100% musicality. Notes flow like honey between ears and outwards.

This is a game changer and I’m quite confident in saying that already.

8 Likes