Reccomended headphones for me?

I have a tendency to overemphasize, sorry. I will rephrase to say that the DT770 midrange is dialed back a good bit, not crazy, but a good bit. They would still sound fairly different than your M50x, but still the closest out of all I mentioned imo.
I think the 58x and the Nighthawk Carbon are better for “all-rounder” headphones, since the bass and treble are not as elevated as the 770.
Sorry if I’m making things sound exaggerated, that’s a bit of a problem I have. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

sorry for bringing up our convo like that

i feel like i broke a rule

Oh no you’re fine dude. It’s totally alright. :wink:

the only other thing is i all around do the 58x is i need a portable headphone (on ear or over ear) that i can use when im going on vacation in june (so noise isolation actually matters here)

The k371 is pretty sweet imo. And the hd280 pros do great isolation if you need that

1 Like

Oh okay. If you need something that will block out noise, then the AKG K371 is good. Elevated sub bass, and lower treble is up some. The Sennheiser HD280 Pro are also good.
If you want something really fun, the 1More 1More Triple Driver is a really fun sound with really good isolation. Not as much of an all-rounder. Some others are the Sony MDR-1AM2, and the Sivga SV006. The Sony is more expensive, but has better detail than the Sivga.
EDIT: All of these isolate well.

1 Like

ok testing for open back sound leak and if it will bug my parents (put my LG V35 on medium volume with the door open and closed and walked around areas i know they often are) and it seems like they can definitely hear traces of it with the door open but not closed… it sounds like there is sound coming, but not completely identifiable… so the only problem might be that i stay up late and it might cause some issues

also for on the go i can always just keep my M50s for the week im in another place… or maybe get some IEMs that are decent (i will bring my DAC)

1 Like

ok nevermind about the open back sound leak test and stuff… i cant do open back headphones because the dog i have barks like crazy at me and i cant just casually hear that all the time while listening to music… so closed back or semi open back reccomended

1 Like

So, can you perhaps find a used drop 177x? That would be my pick if you can have no leak and want some isolation on the higher end of your budget

i get kinda scared about the idea of used headphones… easier to break and probably wont sound as punchy as non burned in headphones

not to mention the disease i could get

Typically the headphones are already burned in for you so that’s a good thing. The easier to break thing is also kinda eh, I’ve got bought a fair amount of used gear and really had no issues (I do change the pads if it’s a headphone with heavy use) but I do understand if you don’t want to do that. If you wanted to grab a 177x you might have to wait for them to go back in stock on drop again or find someone reselling them new

1 Like

True, plus Beyerdynamic headphones are known for durability and lasting a really long time.

whats the sound difference between the 770DT and the 177x

The 177x is overall more refined, with a more even signature, better all rounders. Also better detail and imaging and soundstage

i mostly just really didn’t know about the open backs because though the sound leak is fine (except that dog possibly hearing it and going crazy)… im more scared that my dog just will go crazy and it will hurt my ears and frustrate me since there is literally no isolation (and the M50s dont have GREAT isolation)

Beyerdynamic isolate pretty well. I agree with M0N about the sound as well.

1 Like

now i just either have to find someone selling them used or go with another beyerdynamic that works with sound of the music i usually listen to, works with a fiio Q1 and liquid spark, and dont cost over 400 dollars

Actually the nhd20 might work as it’s a pretty nice all rounder, pretty portable, and also isolates very well, but might lack in comfort a tad

Perhaps offer for like 350 or something

Some do complain about its comfort. But the sound is amazing.

btw when i say all arounder i mostly mean like i can use it on multiple devices and it sounds good with what i listen to and can do other things like youtube and games