Reccomended headphones for me?

Typically when I say all rounder I mean in sound and use case. They may or may not run well of a phone or pc lol, but it should be fine on the liquid spark or q1 mk2

wasn’t saying it for that… i already have some earbuds for phone and my laptop will have an amp dac… i just wonder what will perfectly match my ears and its hard… beyerdynamic has a lot of a chance but aparently the mid range is very sucked out and i just want music to finally pop and punch again… because tbh the problem with the M50s is music sounds boring now (or maybe the issue is that i am finally noticing that vinyl sounds so much better than digital and the music pops more there)

Well, I think the nhd20 is a bit perhaps warmer but may still be boring for you (as it is more a studio than pleasure headphone tbh)

tbh maybe i just need a good dac…

hearing vinyl on an M50 sounds so much better than hearing a spotify stream or even a lossless FLAC… though it could also be that the volume isn’t equalized so slightly higher volume means more detail

Typically vinyl has different mastering, sounds more inherently analog, and also you get the clicks and pops and other artifacts that can make it more pleasant to some

The whole experience of playing an album is an experience too, so that adds to it

maybe i just need less analytical headphones for digital masters… because the mastering is just not as good on digital :stuck_out_tongue:

or maybe just move to open backs in general and try to get my dog to stop barking whenever i exit my room

1 Like

i definetly think you just need some good fun headphones. honestly if you want under 200 personally i would go all in with the 58x, they really really don’t leak much sound, and at an ok volume because of the stuffed presetation they isolate outside noises very well. when i cut my hair they were playing dramas and i couldn’t hear at all. Anything over 200 ask the guys, but personally i 100% vouch for the 58x

i just was confused because i thought open back headphones the big thing was you were able to hear both the music AND everything around you at the same time

1 Like

well that can definetly definetly be the case if you have your headphone at a really low volume. but at the, personally i don’t think too loud volumes, i play mine at i can’t even hear when someone enters the room. Unlike my 4xx, those leak ALOT of sound and i can generally stil hear things like the washing machine even at high volumes. Im my opinion because of the stuffy mids, thick(ish) bass and narrow soundstage they isolate pretty well and are more engaging

1 Like

BUT that’s my rec for under 200, if you plan on going higher listen to the guys since they have expirience and maybe could recommend an even better sounding can to you

If you get the 58X the stock pads are good but will wear out after about a year if daily use. In that case I recommend getting some dekoni choice suede pads and doing this mod.

Pretty much. If you still want a real closed back the 177x Go and the NDH20 are better.
The Sony MDR-1AM2 is also a really nice warm pair and it is closed, although it is about $250 on Amazon.

actually i think i have to go with the beyerdynamics because of one thing…

i often listen to music while lying on my right side… so i often press my ear on the ear cups and stuff… so i am pretty sure the sound on the 58x might be very bad if i do that

I mean that’s not really good for most headphones, iems would be more suitable for that use case imo

or ksc 75’s

I would think they might be a bit too fragile but idk

IEMs would be best for that imo.

i just get tired and like lying down and sleeping… i try to sleep on my side to music… maybe i know the sounds not as good but im mostly just sleepy

and most IEMs dont fit me and my cat chews every cable

It’s weird my cat’s just don’t lol, they don’t care about cables

1 Like

my cat is just in general awful…

i always used these cheap panasonic and sony earbuds and like in a month my cat would have chewed through them to the point of being unusable…

i know the lying down on one side thing doesn’t work but its more because i get tired and bored and just lie on my bed with my laptop on its side and my arm under the headphones

i either need better techniques or just anything else

plus i dont want a bad earwax problem because of IEMs