Reccomended headphones for me?

Yeah, i asked Zeos on his patreon sivga post and he confirmed its on par with teh Aiva

Nope not trolling at all. @Antpage2 Ant no matter what you reccomend I don’t think you are understanding at all the point I’m trying to make I wasn’t looking for reccs i was making a statement on my perspective on planar budget gear but whatever. Also I’m not the adverse to bright cans I have my treble sensitivities but the treble aggression as well as the QC issues I had with them made me just kinda hate the can

1 Like

Give the man @Antpage2 some props! He informed me about the PII. I was hesitant but these are awesome! I never heard the Sendy or the others, but the build is really nice on the PII and are better in person than in the pictures.

Pics or it didn’t happen. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks onyx, glad you liked them. :slightly_smiling_face:

i’m probably not going to bump over the 200 dollar price range so sorry about saying i was going to do 400 dollars… just guessed it was a good price but since my birthdays coming my family outright says they can buy me the sennheisers for free… upping it to like 300 would be way too much and i already feel like im burderning a bit

though 58x or 6xx (considering that i for a little while i will be running them on a laptop headphone jack and a powered speakers headphone jack)?

The 6xx are awesome, but they do require lots of power and are amp sensitive. If you’re using a laptop for the time being, 58x makes more sense.

i mostly wondered because DMS and joshua valour just told me the 6XX were the best for this price

The 6XX is the better headphone overall. It’s quite revealing, which is why it’s amp-sensitive. It gives you an “honest” sound. It also is power hungry. At 300 ohms a quality amp is a must. Also, apologies I haven’t read this whole thread. Are you new-ish to audio? The 6XX is not necessarily a great starter headphone, I would say. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fantastic headphone and belongs on those best of lists. It’s one that is often a little less likely to give that immediate “wow” and usually takes some time to really appreciate.

1 Like

i’m a newcomer to audiophile stuff… i collect vinyl records and listen to spotify premium (so not lossless FLAC streaming though i do have a good amount of bandcamp FLAC files). i know i like a warm mid heavy sound (heavy love of pop, hip hop, hard rock, and indie music). and i only have been used to like 20-40 dollar headphones and the ATH-M50s, which i do like but are kinda uncomfy

i wanna try something new to make something absolutely amazing sounding

The 58x is better suited to your needs imo. Also has better bass extension without needing an amp at all. The 58x are the better choice here.

2 Likes

I think for your situation the 58x is a good entry point. Should give you that experience you’re looking for.

Oh, the rabbit hole you’re about to fall down. It’s fun though. I’m like a kid in a candy store anytime a new piece of gear arrives.

1 Like

I really didnt like the hd6xx. the 58x is really good for its price range

+1 on the 58x nice warm midcentric headphones. Super smooth and enjoyable. Clamp get better overtime and gets very comfortable.

Trust me I’m prepared, will when I get a real job get some closed backs as well so I’m not stressed about waking up family (if the idsd could run the argons that would be an experience even if that seems like too much)

Or probably something more analytical, because though I love fun listening I also do a lot of just people talking and too much bass would suck

Which IDSD are you talking about? The nano or the micro?
Both are great.

nano…

probably wont do argons though

they seem too heavy and stuff… i need something that is more analytical and vocal…

1 Like

Yes that’s pretty true, plus Argon are one of the hardest things to power, so that amp probably wouldn’t be great for them.
You want something that is more analytical and vocal next? Hmm…
Well, I would just see how you like the 58x first, and then see what you would like after that.

focal elex might be up your alley then if your gonna skip th eargons. or audeze LCD 2 for a wide sounding bassy open back