Reccomended headphones for me?

I personally care very little about vocals, when there are multiple musicians performing … vocals can get in the way sometimes (at least for some metal bands).

That being said, I personally dont believe that there are many headphones that can compete with HD600 as far as strictly vocals are concerned. Listening to Dean Martin on HD600s on a tube amp is hard to beat.

true that.

10 charminimum

Now my only debate is to save money on some grado because mid heavy and great for rock which is at least half of my vinyl collection (the rest being hip hop which makes me more unsure). Or the 58X and a more use all the time headphone

Basically should I keep the m50s for my laptop and then wait until I get a job for the a more video and audiophile headphones or just use one for everything

plus those grados also sound like they are for me

1 Like

aaand zeos gave the helios a showing to me and now i am wondering if i should go with those instead of the 58X or SR80es

Helios is in pre-production and has not entered manufacturing yet. I’d wait a bit and see how the final product turns out before jumping on it, but up to you.

so yeah i’ll probably go with the 58X but hifiguides says they are neutral and the sound signature i seem to prefer is more on the warm side instead… maybe it will depend on how much money i DO get from my birthday and if its enough to get an amp i might switch to something else… tbh i dunno myself i just like buying stuff and want to know how green the other grass is

1 Like

They are not neutral imo, they are warmer.

2 Likes

i dunno… dont wanna waste money with wasting money

Ok then lol

half a joke half me questioning why i even want this when i already have OK headphones and should just accept i have bad hearing

but who knows… maybe i’ll have enough for a good amp and fucking modhouse argons or something. or i could do 58X

It all depends on you. If you want to wait and save for something you feel will be better for you, that’s not a bad option.

I’ve found opinions here to be much inline to what the headphone actually is… I’m of the same opinion as m0n and find the 58x nice and warm

i dunno basically i just want a new equalizer because that would do the same thing for me personally and now i dunno if i should trust the site or the forum (MAKE THE SITE OPEN SOURCE!) and if i will even hear a difference because of my bad hearing (tinnitus mixed with not being able to hear 15khz unless i turn my volume up to 100)

So m0n is a very trustworthy and knowledgeable member with a wealth of experience and if I’m being honest I find the guide to be a little bit of an after thought at times… you could also read the 58x official thread and check out some reviews… zeos and dms (the creators of this while thing lol) have video reviews also

While the HD58X have good treble and all, they are best in the lower half of the frequency response. The mids are thick and warm and the bass is good enough for hip hop. Remember that Hi-Fi is not just about highs and details. It’s the whole sound. If you listen to a lot of rock then they are a great choice. You shouldn’t have to worry about waking anyone up unless you are BLASTING your music or they are in the same room as you (a door will block it just fine). I would say get the HD58X and see how you feel. They where good enough to set me sound the path of Hi-Fi.

2 Likes

buying the 58X’s soon… i also figured out my issue with my digital sources was probably the lack of bass… when testing my LP setup the bass was more punchy and powerful. which is what i like

1 Like

i got my final budget of about 200 max with no amp or 100 for magni and heaphones

basically i like my M50s sound… maybe i dont even need new headphones because i like these…the 58X might be useful but i dunno how high the volume will have to be to work on a laptop since it has a 150 ohm impedence and i dunno what headphones have a similar punchiness to bass and clear vocal and mid like the M50s

especially since i dont care about open or closed because i know literally nothing about soundstage and the idea of a more open sound just sounds like “why dont i just get speakers”

Volume will not be a problem with the HD58X. If you are ever concerned about volume output look at the sensitivity (dB/mW). The HD58X are 104dB/mW, so plenty loud off of most any source.

As for soundstage, it’s different from speakers. All I really have to say is the HD58X are not very wide so this won’t really be a concern.

3 days with the 58X and i like them… i feel like they are a bit dark compared to what i want (also this is a nitpick but the M50s have colder pads which feel a lot better) but the bass is pretty good, usually is good with midrange (except some songs by slowthai or queens of the stone age where vocals get muddy) and i guess im more used a V shape than i thought

but i am perfectly fine with these so far and the only major thing i’d need is a new DAC because my laptop can only do 16/48 so all audio is downsampled weirdly and i feel i can get even better sound