Reccomended headphones for me?

The mids are muddy on the 58x’s?

on the lower mids… specifically on some male vocals when there is a lot of bass

hmm Ive never seen anyone complain about the mids on the 58x specifically calling it muddy. bubt the change from v to mid centrik could make it seem that way

though it could also be because im using a powered speakers headphone amp to drive them and not something like a magni heresy (i’ll get to that in the future)

maybe. the output impedance might be a bit much for something like the 58x.

Those usually aren’t great for powering headphones. You might actually like the sound straight out of your phone or something instead. Just have fun experimenting!

Glad you are enjoying them! Definitely listen to them out of other sources… I think you should get a pretty nice quality boost out of the heresy when you get around to picking one up.

i tried out the same queens of the stone age song with my computer and it sounded bad still

the M50s actually made songs for the deafs master decent

That’s probably just showing what you like with headphones. You like a certain sound signature more probably. If you really do think you would like something different, you could try something else. Or another thing you could do is get some good IEMs.

Ok… sometimes the 58X are even better than the others like when I put some snoop Dogg on… but I seem to prefer a fairly bright sound (not quite cold because I do like the thump of bass)…

It’s only a real problem when the source has a lot of bass… it can blur out male vocals a bit like in the grime track or on a heavy bassy song like no one knows which needs a high end boost

I plan on getting some soon for my phone (by July)

But now I need to know what to do with my 58X (i dont want to sell them right away because i do like them but i dont have a lot of money so i want just one closed back and one open back and one IEM) if I try to move to a slightly brighter but very similar sound… though the only song that really sounded horrible on 58X’s are songs for the deaf by QOTSA

i got my final stance on the 58X… i do like them, but i find them lacking in treble… the pads are very warm compared to the cold and comfy pads i like in my M50s (you may say why would you like cold pads but hey they are nice feeling and i live in a hot state), and it seems like everything on the 58X is slightly lower pitched than the M50s… like about 4 hz or so deeper than what i expect, which felt weird to me and like i wasn’t really getting a real authentic experience, maybe i like colder more analytical headphones than i thought as well as maybe a slight V shape. the main issue is still with things like queens of the stone age and some hip hop albums i have (not all, snoop dogg’s doggystyle and denzel currys ZUU sound amazing on these), but when there is a bit too much bass its drowns out the vocals making a very lyrical album like blackalicious blazing arrow or slowthais nothing great about britain kinda frustrating to me. i dunno what that means for getting future open backs or closed backs (i want to have an ideal one of each so that i can use the open backs when im in my room and closed when i have to be near someone else with my laptop). and maybe it could be that the powered speaker for the records (which doesn’t make sense since doggystyle sounded so nice) and my laptops DAC aren’t doing the best (kinda makes me unsure about the IFI hipdac because that might make it too warm and ruin the highs i do enjoy)

also i dont really notice the big soundstage stuff

Soundstage isn’t really something you’d notice on either the M50x or HD58x, as both present a pretty intimate soundstage (sound is basically inside your head). The 58x is also noticeably warmer with less focus on treble than the M50, so your observations make sense. Seems like you may enjoy something more along the lines of a DT770 for closed and 4xx or maybe X2HR based on your music preference for open, and are in a similar price range as the 58x. All of these would give you more of that sense of soundstage with sounds happening around and away from you.

Still…tough to beat the 58x on value.

how bad is the soundleak for those

i am fine with the 58x’s leak… (but i’ll have to sell my 58X later and see)… and i’ll have to see if i dont already like my 58X’s so i dunno if id want to sell them and buy something else

I’d say they both leak a bit more than the 58x

ok not too much more that they end up like speakers that go through doors… then im good

Not at reasonable listening levels, anyway :hear_no_evil:

now the one thing is i dunno if i would really wanna switch… i had a test playlist of what i would normally listen to in the OP… i just want to make sure i am making the perfect choice

paradox of choice is fun

also that it would work with the DAC i might use… which might be an IFI hipdac or it could be something else since i dunno what i want

actually the music i was having too much bass and muddied vocals with is fixed by streaming it… i dunno if its the vinyl format leading to too much warmth or just the powered speaker amp being bad for these headphones

Speaker amps for headphones kind of suck tbh.