Recommend some iems

I am relatively new to the hobby, but want to pick up some iems at around the $200-$300 price point. i prefer slightly warmer sound, and do not need vocals to be particularly pronounced. however, I do want a good soundstage and resolution.
I’ve already picked some loose choices, the:
kiwiears quintet
yanyin canon 2
and kiwiears orchestra lite
and I could use some help choosing which to get. other recommendations would also be welcome as well, as my limited experience means I can’t exactly make particularly well informed choices.

1 Like

tanchjim oxygen :v: :sunglasses: :+1:

From what I read about those sets:
Canon is on the darker side (relaxed treble) and loose bass
Quintet is balanced but the timbre is not the best
Orc Lite is mostly neutral. It’s also an unvented she’ll and some people have pressure related issues

1 Like

From sets I’ve heard, the Hype2 from Thieaudio is really good

2 Likes

I wouldnt pick that as a beginner in this world.

If you’re looking for an all BA set at around that price point Akros had recommended the Leisurely audio L8s (specifically the “s” version not regular version), $345. I unfortunately have not auditioned them.

Simgot EA1000 has been described as an exceptional single DD at $220. Great build and customizable with three provided interchangeable nozzles, a nice case, and a good Litz structure silver plated copper cable.

1 Like

If you don’t want to spend a lot of money, buy ThieAudio HYPE2. Its tuning puts much more expensive IEMs to shame. One of the best sounding IEMs I’ve tried. They were recently on sale for $260, at that price there is no IEM that can match them in terms of tone!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Simgot Em6l is a steal under 100€

2 Likes

Why not wait for the inevitable Blessing 3: Dusk?

1 Like

Hype2 is probably the most interesting pick in the $200-$300 bracket this year. While it is usually a bit more ( $350 ), but the Tea MarkII is pretty amazing.

There have been some great sets in the under $100 range this year. Kailua, EA500, and EM6L.

4 Likes

I’d recommend exactly this. The saved $200 can be used for a Tribrid upgrade later on or nice xmas gifts for your loved ones.

Regarding my personal experience, I own the Quintet but find myself gravitating more towards the EM6L – it’s a standout in my daily listening routine due to its exceptional quality.

In summary, I’d recommend opting for the EM6L, or if you’re considering a significant leap, go for a highly-praised Tribrid set.

For beginners, I’d advise caution with all-BA sets like the Kiwiears Orchestra Lite. It’s essential to experience a live demo if possible, as the potential lack of robust low-end can be a bit disappointing.

4 Likes

$100-150 - EM6L
$200-550 - HYPE2, DUNU SA6 MK2
$550-1200- Mon MK3, IE600 (if you are ok with DD)
$1200-1900- Presтige LTD, Z1R(if you OK with fit)
<$2000 I don’t know, maybe not worth it and you should jump straight to <$4000 :wink: :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Honestly i dont recomend Hype 2 (320€) vs Em6l (100€). Em6l is basically 90% of Hype 2.
Hype 2 is 70% of a Monarch MK2.

1 Like

Your logic is incorrect. Also, the HYPE2 is on sale for $269. HYPE2 is 80% of MK3, but EM6L is not 70% of Mon MK3. :wink:

eh, EM6L and Hype 2 are QUITE different.

200w

My logic is correct for me and it is even more so if you don’t change the sentences.
The price in my country is more expensive. Besides, I don’t talk at any time about the Monarch Mk3. That is another new iem that you have added to create debate.

I reaffirm that the Em6l, although it is another tonal profile, is an iem whose general value is 90% of the hype 2 and this is 80% of the Monarch mk2.

Hunh?

No. You’re wrong, but I can’t argue with you.