Recommend some iems

Yes. Tuning is very good. Fact! :shushing_face:

You may disagree but donā€™t say Im wrong. That makes me think that your opinion is the only valid one.
I donā€™t want to continue talking to you honestly.
It smells like toxicity to me.

2 Likes

No one is forcing you to talk to me. But you usually talk nonsense about IEM that you havenā€™t even listened to! Think more and talk less :joy:

I recommend ISN NEO 5 for your preferences and budget.

1 Like

My only warning on Hype2 is the nozzles are very large. I use small tips, and found the Hype2 uncomfortable, and could only handle 20 minute sessions.

2 Likes

Tuning is free. I think itā€™s the right tuning for you but maybe not for everyone.

I think Hype2 is a safe choice for most people. I also think that spending less is probably wiser in most cases.
Kiwi Ears Quartet is also a good option at $109. Warm, bass, good vocals, good fit. With Easytips SS20 they sound more balanced and the stage is even better.

2 Likes

Actually it isnā€™t. :wink:

I didnā€™t say it would work for everyone. There is no such IEM yet.

Thatā€™s why I recommend it!

ŠœŠ¼Š¼Š¼ā€¦

If these tips work for him. :slightly_smiling_face:
And one more thing - I donā€™t agree with the definition of ā€œsafe tuningā€. There is good and bad, but ā€œsafeā€ has no meaning. If it is ā€œdangerous tuningā€ then why are you buying this IEM? Put the ā€œaudiophileā€ rattles aside and properly evaluate an IEM.

Iā€™ll throw another log on the fire for an option @Analog_sergal. Seeing this sound signature you are after reminded me of the Dunu Falcon Ultra for some reason. Maybe worth looking at its Squig and listening to a review or two on?

2 Likes

Good and bad is also subjective.

Safe for me means that it will work for a lot of people and with different libraries. Some tunings are very specific to one aspect (i.e female vocalsā€¦) Or music genres.

And since this whole hobby is subjective, everything we say may not apply to everyone out there but we canā€™t disclaim every time.

2 Likes

FU graphs very similarly to Quartet. So yeah :100:

1 Like

Iā€™m not going that. Youā€™re right! :slightly_smiling_face:

Big difference between that statement and this:

ā€œat that price there is no IEM that can match them in terms of tone!!ā€

I am not saying the Hype 2 is not tuned well as you point out in your reply to me directly. But the earlier post, hyperbole, overwhelming it is.

2 Likes

Not to pour more oil into the fire, but the Hype2 isnā€™t 80% of the Monarch MK3; in fact I find it daring to even call it 60% of it to be quite frank. That set only does a handful of genres well (although quite well I might add) and is pretty ā€œok-ishā€ for everything else.

I agree, hence why I wouldnā€™t call the Hype2 a ā€œsafeā€ pick. Itā€™s great for Electronic and Bass Heavy Music, and I might even say HipHop, but average for everything else. Now if that is what OP wants, then this might be a set for them.

I would even go a step further and say the Hype2 is quite an unbalanced sound, albeit a warm, mellow and ultimately non-fatiguing listen.

ā€¦but back to OPs initial dilemma: if you value good soundstage and resolution, I wouldnā€™t necessarily pick the Hype2. Given your inclination for a slightly warm sound and no necessary midrange vocal emphasis, I can think of a few sets you might enjoy:

• The Dune Falcon Ultra is a bass centric set with great overall dynamics and one of the best single DDs I had the pleasure to demo recently. They are not the most resolving set however (albeit not bad either). Stunning looks, build quality is on point, accessories are what you can expect from Dunu (just great). Comes in at ~240$.

• The SeeAudio Bravery AE. Great all-BA set with an incredibly smooth tonality and overall very organic timbre. An overall slight upgrade over the OG Bravery. Resolving, but there are still some better sets in that regard in this price bracket. ~299$

• Shuoer S12 is great. Very resolving, great bass, might be a bit spicy for some at the top frequencies. No need to go for the Pro imo. Still one of the best Planars out there. ~128$

Those are the sets that come to my mind immediately.

3 Likes

I actually heard this from many people on the forum. Personally, I have not listened to Mon MK3. But you are addicted, which is normal because the Mon MK3 is a fantastic IEM I guess. Relax, no one is saying that he has been dethroned by the humble HYPE2. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Start under $100 then go from there, my recs (I own these):
Simgot EA500
7hz Legato
Dunu Titan S
Fiio FH3

I love the OG Bravery. The OG Bravery paired with the Cayin RU6 is heavenly for singer-songwriter and Japanese female vocals.

Reviewers often cite the AE as being brighter than the OG. It seems that some listeners like the increased treble presence. I am rather treble sensitive at least for the 5-6 kHz region. (After my horrible experience with the Tansio-Mirai Sands, I learned my lession. I will never buy a set when a reviewer talks about bright upper treble or when a reviewer talks about the treble giving the IEM detail/resolution).

The smaller shell of the AE would be quite nice as the OG is rather bulky but still fits me fairly well.

1 Like

Agreed, I love mine as well. Best blind buy I ever did.

1 Like

does ea2000 still better vs ea1000?

No is the simple answer as counter intuitive as it is. The EA1000 is an upgraded EA2000 for $100 less. The EA1000 is a W like sound signature shape, lush, vivid and dynamic. It isnā€™t as trebly or sibilant as the EA2000.

Would you mind if I recommend a beater set as well or in the budget range? I think some already recommended this or even mentioned this to you, but I think you should give the recent Ziigaat Nuo a try. I only have these for like a few days now but man the things I am hearing from these for the given price is just an overall steal in my opinion.

Not sure if youā€™re gonna like it since we have our own sound signature preference and I am sure know that not all folks are fan of the H2019 Harman-curve target, but fortunately for me I like it. Also the fit for me from the NUOs are just excellent.