Recommended IEM Cables

Pretty much, but good luck trying to argue that in showrooms full of people that have dropped 4 figure sums on power adapter cables :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Going to have a watch of this later on when I can have some time. Thanks for the knowledge, boys

LOL listen, man - I’d be pretty passionate about a cable I just bought if I dropped a weeks pay on it too :joy:

1 Like

NO, there is no way I just spent my whole wage on a thing that is only benefiting my mind!

:rofl:

2 Likes

Eventually you just learn to let them enjoy their purchase :laughing:

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

if you have a 2pin iem, you can experience out of phase by reversing one of the connectors.

1 Like

That’s true - I’ve never tried … maybe I’ll get wild tonight :sweat_smile:

1 Like

God. This phase stuff drives me crazy. How will they sound? Today I will experience bliss with the changed phase :grinning:

The thing about “cables don’t do anything, it’s only in your mind”, is DUH!

How we, as humans, hear sound is objective. How we interpret it and enjoy it is subjective. That is, it’s all in our mind. If you perceive a difference, then that difference is real. Or at least it is real enough to matter for you.

There may be no objective, measurable scientific difference in cables but science and math aren’t definitive anyway. If you flip a coin 1000, math says you should get exactly 500 heads and 500 tails. But nobody would reasonably expect that. Because there’s more to life and our experiences than empirical measurables.

I won’t comment heavily about the first part of your comment - there is something true in what you say (but somehow marketing of those products is not in line with my moral code just like homeopathy is), but just wanted to say that math definitely does not tell you that you SHOULD get exactly 500 heads and 500 tails, but just that it is most probable result

2 Likes

Should is too strong a word, which was for emphasis. But in terms of probability, if someone flipped a coin 1000, your guess would be closer to 500/500 than 250/750. Fair?

The point of that analogy is that math has a fixed expectation. The more times you flip a fair coin, the closer you will get to the 50/50 distribution of results. It’s an empirical, measurable result.

How we interpret what we hear is not

Bought 2 smoking deal

C$ 22.22 83%OFF | NiceHCK JIALAI JLY2 HiFi Earphone IEM Upgrade Cable PP Yarn Silver Plated OCC 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/QDC/0.78mm 2Pin For NRA DQ6
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msQKhyM

2 Likes

I forgot that I’d added a QDC terminated Tripowin Grace when buying 11.11 stuff from linsoul for $12. As @nymz mentioned earlier in the thread, it’s the Olina stock cable with an added microphone. It wouldn’t be my first choice if I needed a replacement cable, but if you want a microphone and hate the awful stock cables that tend to come with lower end QDC stuff its a solid option at the $15 standard price.

2 Likes

Ok so I’ve been looking at XINHS’s modular cable for only $13ish, but one reason I haven’t got it is a personal aesthetics one - either in purple or black, the available colors, I really don’t like the high contrast white stripe (skunk style). I think there as a matte black one too which was fine but really if I’m getting a modular cable I’d like it to look just right as I could use it indefinitely in different situations.

Do you think if I messaged him he could make it from a different color at that price, or do you think the price is partly because “we’ve already made some like this we can ship off the shelf, you get these two choices”? I’d pay a little more if I could pick the color I guess.

1 Like

Depends on the colors he has on hand, but if there is an upcharge I can’t imagine that it would be a whole lot.

1 Like

Thanks!

10char

Yeah you could definitely get something a little more custom. I almost went that route, he was super fast with replying and to my surprise, the language barrier wasn’t an issue. I may get something really nice and upscale for my Monarch’s when the money is right from XINHS. Top notch quality and service.

you can definitely go full custom with their stuff. You can even pick out a different cable completely and make it modular, adjust the length of all parts (where the split is, total length of cable, etc.) plus what color hardware. they are very flexible

1 Like

Like their cables!

1 Like