Recommended IEM Cables

I just want to find some gems in value etc and share the joy with others. So everyone can get a ‘bargain’ thats what in it for me. The more lurk head-fi the more i get they just trying the ‘scam’ the new and uninformed people and when the cat is out of the bag. Blame it on QC. LUCK. DIFFERENT TASTE!

(PS blame on QC is last resort if all else fails ofcourse). Its never their own wrongdoings after all!

lol. I sure hope there arent newbies reading that thread.

Lol… I am there often

Is there a discussion on eartips thread?

1 Like

Hey guys, does anyone have experience using this 4.4mm balanced cable from Linsoul? I’m thinking of purchasing it but haven’t really found any feedback online around it - probably it’s new.

I know there is also a silver OEM Fiio cable, but my personal experience with their OEM cables is that they are great initially and they stiffen up as they age, plus I also had the plastic around one of my mmcx connectors simply shatter on an OEM Fiio cable, so I’m hesitant to buy their own version of it…

Planning on using it with the Fiio FH5 and I’ve got a balanced DAC recently (ifi Zen v2) so I wanted to try the balanced audio experience, because with the unbalanced cable I noticed that at super low volume the dac mutes the left channel before the right one.

Thanks guys.

Can’t say much about that cable but many ( that includes me) bought the XINHS graphen cable.

Which is of a high quality and is similar in looks to the linosul one. Usually you can get this one much cheaper on some promotions. I believe I paid around 80usd for it.

So my proof of concept from Xinhs has arrived. It’s an 8core Graphene cable, with adaptative ends (mini-XLR) that plugs into adaptors (Mini-xlr to 4.4, 2.5 and 3.5).

Looks better in person than on this lightning. Slightly heavier than I was expecting (the cable itself, not counting the adaptors), but the quality is top notch.

7 Likes

Speaking of the devil. Great timing.

2 Likes

Lol, didn’t even see it before posting. What a timming :rofl:

Can recommend Xinhs store. Got plenty of cables from him, always satisfied. Also, the one time I got a little problem, he just sent another, no questions asked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you guys, I’ll have a look at those :slight_smile:

That is a beautiful modular solution. Is it a practical solution too, does it add a lot of weight to the cable?

1 Like

I’ve been using it all day at my desk, just tried on DAP now.

I feel the cable is on the heavier side, but not because of the connectors. Sure they must not help, but dont think they weight much on their own.

I’ll say its great for desk usage, not the best for portability. If I put the dap in a pocket and the connector part as well, the weight is just the cable’s. So yeah, dont think you gain much weight by having this type of solution, but will be better on lighter cables. I’m used to lighter and slimmer cables, so YMMV.

Lookwise, its gorgeous, better than the photos and the quality superb.

Im a matching cables to IEM guy, so this one will ride a Tripowin x HBB Mele black version (when i get it :rage:)

2 Likes

I love mini XLR as a connector for differing connectors, but maybe I will just stick to that being for headphone cables then.

The Graphene cable is my favorite XINHS cable I’ve purchased thus far. I am having a custom graphene cable made for my HIFIMan HE6se right now.

I believe the Linsoul Nymph is the same thing just higher cost as is the case with a bunch of XINHS cables they have branded their own.

3 Likes

Yes, for headphones it is amazing. Still better to get a nice modular like dunu’s, just more expensive. You can also look at hart audio cables :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love hart audio cables.

I agree the modular DUNU system is awesome (as I’ve advertised time and time again), but for those that have no need for it, a regular cable probably makes the most sense.

I LOVE the DUNU system, but after a while, I realized I never switched them, so what is the point in having it? I use either 4.4 or 2.5 balanced 100% of the time. But for anyone using multiple sources, the switching system is the best option by far!

3 Likes

Yes, me too. This graphene cable was inspired by them.

Anyway, maybe I’m beeing picky. PAC480 from penon seems to weight more, so its kinda fine.