Recommended IEM Cables

Yeah I agree with that - I’ve seen some nice ones on Ali. I’m probably going to pick up some cables tomorrow, I’ll let everyone know what I think of em when they come in.

+1 for XINHS - graphene 4-core ftw

2 Likes

+2 Nice cable for sure :+1:

4 Likes

I patiently wait for BF/11.11 to grab 2 of these beauties at a good price. :star_struck:

What is everyone’s thoughts on ultra high end cables? PW audio, stuff like that? Worth the cash or?

They’re damn pretty. I’d love to get one someday but I don’t know if they’re worth all that cash.

Snake oil…

6 Likes

Worth it if you’re into scrapping expensive metals or fancy looking cables. Sound wise you’re not going to get any improvements.

1 Like

While I somewhat share the same sentiment, have either of you tried those expensive cables? I’m going to go ahead and assume Riku has - I’ve used your ranking list for cables twice now and I’ve been happy with both purchases. But I’m genuinely just wondering if there is (at all) a sonic difference. There seems to be a decent market for them, it almost seems those dudes over on head-fi share a completely different opinion.

up to 200 usd.

1 Like

Fair - I’m hoping that in February when I go to camjam I’m able to test out some premium cables with my gear - I guess I’ll report back then?

Not for IEMs, but for expensive hi-fi speaker setups (and expensive RF gear if that counts, you have many very overpriced snake oil cables in that field as well). Guessing it’s the same, the only thing that actually matters is impedance.

1 Like

be sure to test the polarity on them. A lot of things people say about switching cables is an out of head stage experience.
Thats exactly what out of phase does.

Yes, but that is also only for low-impedance, uneven impedance curve, hybrid/multi-driver iems.

3 Likes

Which is what I’ve learned from @Rikudou_Goku - interesting. So basically it seems like, genuinely, you’re just paying for “craftsmanship” and premium materials.

2 Likes

Pretty much, but good luck trying to argue that in showrooms full of people that have dropped 4 figure sums on power adapter cables :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Going to have a watch of this later on when I can have some time. Thanks for the knowledge, boys

LOL listen, man - I’d be pretty passionate about a cable I just bought if I dropped a weeks pay on it too :joy:

1 Like

NO, there is no way I just spent my whole wage on a thing that is only benefiting my mind!

:rofl:

2 Likes

Eventually you just learn to let them enjoy their purchase :laughing:

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

if you have a 2pin iem, you can experience out of phase by reversing one of the connectors.

1 Like