Replacement for Focal Elex

More of a loss of sound quality what I read but cause I have a crack the DV vanished from my buy list so not my problem XD

1 Like

Could be but cause I don’t really EQ I’m not quite sure how good the 6xx can be EQ especially in the low end department :confused:

They don’t eq much at all really, but I’m used to eq planars more so I’m used to pretty dramatic changes.

Yeah that’s more like the story’s i read online, but if EQ is a possibility maybe get a DC open x and boost the mids to get more of an elex like sound ?

I actually eq my aeon rt that is pretty close to the open x and funny thing is they just don’t provide that energy the Elex do. Planars are fantastic but they don’t have that energy that dynamics do until you run them at insane volumes.

Ah yeah did over look that in your list XD, so other crazy idea use your stax and parallel a sub for the bass :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That might actually be pretty cool. I’ll test that out one day and give some feedback. I’ve been looking for a smallish sub for my office.

This is why I’m thinking you need that punchier feel of DD. This is one of the MORE dynamic headphones vs one of the lesser dynamic headphones in the DCA.

1 Like

That’s what I do with mine if i have the need to really “feel” the bass :laughing::crazy_face:

Totally agree with that!

I actually did a pad swap on my stax to the L700 pads and man that brought the low end up substantially.

Don’t know how the used market is for fostex ebony to get the most balanced of it’s v shaped HP and then try to get the mids up?

So did i XD

1 Like

That’s an option and I really want to try th900s a lot…damn those bio drivers are so good.

Do I see an LTT mat?

Sure you do ^^

Thought about that with 909s (open back at least), but figured maybe another route better.

Nice!!! I have an awesome hardware mat right now but switching to a work bench style desk and will probably need a bigger one lol.

I’m wondering if the 909s would play well with my current amps. Really want to try them as well.

Yeah the really nice thing is you can get nearly every size one could need, every other pad was to deep because I needed space for my important audio gear beside my monitor :wink: