RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

That looks like a lot of pinna-gain but that’s not IEF Neutral target.

BTW… I’m struggling immensely with my mic measurement rig and getting it set up to measure properly. I’ve kinda given up on it. I was using REW on PC and even bought software for my IPad I saw BGGAR using.

Come to discord and we can help.

Your Discord is awesome. I’ll drop in at some point, but it is not important at all. Thank you!

1 Like

can’t wait for my gk10… at least it was free :slight_smile:

So I could finally do some 1v1 testing of M2S Pro (150ohm) vs LBBS, both used down and not over the ear. My opinion follows:

Used dropped down: LBBS < M2S Pro 150ohm < M2S Pro Stock.

Over the ear: M2S Pro 150ohm <= LBBS < M2S Pro Stock

LBBS stands out for the easy rec and can be EQ’d to X6 FR, while have the best confort ever.

2 Likes

Do they have strangeness and Charm? :nerd_face:

1 Like

lol, well they certainly are more unique in that price range where most iems are tuned to be more fun with a more elevated bass.

1 Like

Being an oldie :wink: :+1:….

Kinda afraid to ask since it is non detachable but did Moondrop finally learn how to make a cable on the Quarks?

Edit:
Also I am really liking the T500 pros FR graph in the upper mids into the treble, maybe a bit less in the sub bass would be close to what I am trying to find.

Its a decent cable, does seem to be durable as well. Although at that price I dont have high requirements for the cable…

Makes sense, well I will probably pick up a set at some point, I am a sucker for bullet style IEMs.

The Tanya looks like the better set though.

Those are also on the list. But the quarks have such an odd FR graph that it would be a shame not to have them as well. It is like Boom 3k here I am.

It does seem to be better tuned than their old Spaceship at least.

Moondrop sure loves their 3k peaks.

1 Like

I think I am really starting to like a good 3k peak, into a slight linear drop to around 5k then more of a roll off in the upper frequencies.

Looks like that fits the Quarks then.

Although the Tanya could fit that as well.

Yep, that is why they are on the list of IEMs to get and experience. They also don’t have too much bass which will be a bit different then most of my IEMs with that 3k peak that I have.

OMG, that went completely over my head, and I’m pretty old. :wink:

1 Like

Do you feel they are more incoherent than the FH3? I was expecting them to be more incoherent than I heard. I do believe your graph is a bit different than HBB’s, but yeah I don’t see how anyone can deny the elevated mid-bass and that it’s a bit bloated. Still listen to mine sometimes for some tracks TBH, the technicalities are quite good but I’m not a big fan of the tuning. Are you going to post a review over at head-fi or just not gonna bother?

Yes, a lot more.

At least on the FH3, the bass vs mids AND treble is different. The GK10 on the other hand, bass vs mids vs treble are different…and the slower bass really makes it obvious when mids and treble are so much faster (especially treble).

It is a review unit, so yeah…

I am burning it in though and there are 2 other iems I will review before It.

1 Like