RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

2020-06-23: Added a gallery page with pictures on both iems and earbuds.

1 Like

Just a thought…Did you ask @ZeosPantera and @DMS if it was ok to post personal patreon requests?..seems a bit of a liberty imho no?

1 Like

I didnt know I had to do that. I apologize if this was forbidden.

I’ve no idea mate I just thought it would be the decent thing to do :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I personally think it’s fine since it’s disclosed what it’s purpose for and isn’t shady, it’s respectfully introduced, and it isn’t being pushed on people. I don’t really see an issue

Later on if it becomes a large issue where people are constantly spamming their patreon or asking for some form of compensation then it might get out of hand, but I mean I don’t see an issue with this

Also I set it up so if someone mentions z or dms I get a notification as well lol (so I can catch potential issues with the forum)

7 Likes

Thanks, I have sent a pm to zeos but I guess I got permission already? :sweat_smile:

I too didn’t have an issue…I just thought it be respectful to ask first that’s all :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I mean I won’t take it down or mess with it, but I’m not the owner of the forum so idk lol

1 Like

Tanchjim Hana review: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YuNH2nEdrL3uTSaVf5rgxyi7x78lHq5vYOZ9bf-ISV0/edit?usp=sharing

Grade B-

Good SQ but the upper-mids and lower-treble is too much and too peaky.

No Moondrop KXXS/Starfield situation, it is a Blon 03/05 situation but worse since its much more expensive in comparison to the blon fail.

Here are my findings about the difference between the Fiio M11 (returned it due to an issue I got) and the Ibasso DX160 (2020 version).

Moondrop Blessing 2 : sounds warmer and less analytical, making it more enjoyable for me.

Tin Hifi P1 : removes the occassional slight treble peaks (No Treble “peakiness” from 9 to 10)

Shuoer Tape (oratory1990 EQ Preset) : …somehow it has a more natural timbre??? (Timbre from 5 to 6)

Urbanfun ISS014 : polished away some very tiny treble peaks (No Treble “peakiness” from 7 to 8)

Sony XBA-A2 : Tighter bass, bigger soundstage in depth and width (Bass tightness from 5 to 6)

Final Audio E5000 (high gain) : tighter bass and a bit faster bass, which I like (matches really well with the DX160) (Bass tightness from 3 to 5, Bass speed from 2 to 3)

Blon Bl-03 : soundstage is deeper (Soundstage from 5 to 6).

LZ A6 (pink filter) : soundstage is deeper.Timbre is a bit more natural (most likely because the treble extension isnt as good as on the M11 and that is where the Piezo drivers are working in)

Shozy Form 1.1 : Soundstage bigger in depth and width. A bit tighter bass (matches well with the DX160) (Soundstage from 5 to 6)

Final Audio E3000 (high gain) : Soundstage bigger in depth and width. A bit tighter bass (matches well with the DX160) ( Bass tightness from 4 to 5)

Moondrop KXXS : Less analytical sounding, bigger soundstage in depth and widht, tighter bass, less treble peaks. (rank up from B to B+)

Audiosense T800 (stock + brown knowles filter) : NO HISSING! Bigger soundstage

ThieAudio Voyager 3 : reduces hissing, but still a tiny bit left

Azla Azel : Tighter bass, bigger soundstage in depth and width (matches well with the DX160) (rank up from C+ to B)

TFZ No.3 : Tighter bass, bigger soundstage in depth and width (matches well with the DX160) (rank up from C to C+)

Final Audio E1000 : Tighter bass, bigger soundstage in depth and widht but reduced clarity in the treble that makes the overall SQ a bit lower (Rank down from C+ to C)

Tin Hifi T3 : Reduced details, which was its biggest selling point and still sounds unnatural (rank down from C to C-)

Overall : the DX160 makes the sound warmer, tighter bass, less treble peaks (although at the cost of treble extension), with a bigger soundstage (especially in depth) and more fun sounding. While removing the analytical nature of the M11 but it loses out some details due to that, especially in the treble.

I think that the reason why I think the timbre sounds better in the LZ A6 and the Shuoer Tape is because the lesser treble extension makes it so that their drivers (magnetostat in the tape and Piezo in the A6) dont “work” as much as before.

1 Like

BQEYZ Spring 2 review is up: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nCo759rZph85owH0AqOct6dhBYro_8xRLTV-oMkcZ_k/edit?usp=sharing

rank A-, more details in the “detailed iem ranking” section.

1 Like

2020-07-26: Added the KBEAR KS2 grade C- and review is up: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nAmc1Nz7l3OWLwxdpyRYqqNGUNhkhPts8GMmUum1AGI/edit?usp=sharing

It can barely contend with my old iems in that price range (CCA C10) so its not an iem I would recommend.

Added the Kinera Freya grade D+ and review is up: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MUtRGdwTvLn24MJKOCS6ZQ_rqaD0Te4cnakI7eXA00M/edit?usp=sharing

aesthetics, packaging, accessories = GOD-tier
sound = Crap,

Summary of what I think in 1 sentence: its like if someone took a machine gun and filled it with needles then shot them all into my ears…

1 Like

2020-08-01: Added the Intime Sora 2 grade A+ and review is up: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sn_1bHqQoJEGnFW91vtspM8hL3ulNTQIhTzvTvtft94/edit?usp=sharing

Really amazing iem. Makes me very curious about their flagship, the Sora Ti3.

This is going to be my nr 1 rec for under 100 usd from now (and among the top rec for above 100 usd too). (if a non-replaceable cable isnt a deal breaker…)

EDIT: Only reason why it isnt S ranked is because the technicalities arent on the same level as the Moondrop Blessing 2 or LZ A6. And that I would like some more bass quantity and mids. I was quite close to give it S rank though.

Awesome! I have another ranking list to check out. Thanks for impressions.

1 Like

what does an L shape signature mean… does that mean there is a moment where it goes from VERY heavy on one area than very little on another?

also sucks that the shozy are bad for rock and acoustic… because i do listen to a decent amount of indie rock and was planning on buying them

L shaped is close to “bass boosted neutral” but still not.

While I would say that bass boosted neutral, is that the mids and treble are neutral while the bass is boosted.

L-shaped is when the mids and treble are NOT neutral AND they are evenly balanced (treble is not more forward than the mids and vice versa) AND bass is more boosted (more forward than the mids and treble).

Added a few EQ presets

My favorite and actually a very big game changer is the preset for the Tin Hifi P1. Really wish that the P2 has something similar to this sound I am getting with the P1 + EQ.

Shuoer Tape is actually listenable with EQ.

Moondrop Blessing 2 has some nice EQ potential with the bass and fatiguing treble (sounds similar to what I would expect the Tanchjim Oxygen to sound like actually…).

2 Likes

2020-08-04: Added a page for cable measurements.

1596564952087.png

1596564984826.png

Will probably add measurements of stock cables in future reviews.

2020-08-05: Added the Co-donguri Brass Balanced grade E-

Horrible sound, I was optimistic on the sound becasuse of the “tornado equalizer” but it is hot garbage. A mystery as to how the mids (even female vocals) are recessed with those 2 giant treble peaks…

Sounds like a dying banshee, stay away from it!!! (The only fortunate news is that the stock tips are the transparent white Final Type E tips that I wanted lol)