RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

2020-08-05: Added the Co-donguri Brass Balanced grade E-

Horrible sound, I was optimistic on the sound becasuse of the “tornado equalizer” but it is hot garbage. A mystery as to how the mids (even female vocals) are recessed with those 2 giant treble peaks…

Sounds like a dying banshee, stay away from it!!! (The only fortunate news is that the stock tips are the transparent white Final Type E tips that I wanted lol)

Quick question: do you take IEM suggestions?

As in what iems I buy?

I only buy stuff that I am interested in, and sometimes they coincide with people’s requests.

As I buy stuff with my own money, I can’t afford to buy stuff on only people’s request.

Unless I get people to join my patreon and can use that money to buy from suggestions maybe.

2 Likes

I would like to hear your reactions to the FDx1 and EX800st sometime. Like they are very good and worthy of attention.

1 Like

The ex800st maybe but I’m not interested in the fdx1. Already have a few iems with similar profiles.

2 Likes

Cool yea, like I’ve had a few that were really sterile so the suggestion was just from a technical performance perspective. The EX is fantastic so I’d be happy to hear your impressions if you get a chance to try one, :smiley:

Moondrop blessing 2 and lz a6 are my technicalities king and queen :smirk:

1 Like

I might get the Tri I3 lol. That dd + planar + BA combination is a bit too tempting for me to skip it. Gonna be tough for it to beat my Tin Hifi P1 + EQ combo :joy:

1 Like

Like the Tri was on my watch list as well, like it did not get good reviews though so it steered me away. Tribrids are like :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:. I really want one just to say I own one. Which is a very bad reason LOL.

1 Like

It was also on my watch list for a very long time (I saw it pop up on aliexpress without any posts at all).

I do however have some (2) tribrids so I don’t have that excuse lol.

1 Like

Although I would like to try some EST (they are actually not electrostats, they are electrets) tribrids. But they are very expensive right now.

I wait for next year, when they hopefully get much cheaper and the bad stuff is weeded out from the good lol.

2 Likes

Exactly my thought. I want to try them, but not at this price point.
I can wait…

And the longer we wait the better they become. So its a win win on both price and SQ lol.

1 Like

I AM HYPEEEEDD. I am getting my Fiio FH3 on tuesday (according to dhl)!

2 Likes

Well…I ordered the Sony EX800st :joy:

6 Likes

Nice, that is an IEM I have looked at as well, please share impressions.

1 Like

Will review it if I like it which I hope I do. :joy:

2 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: FiiO FH3 ( 1/DD 2/BA)

2020-08-11: Added the Fiio FH3 grade S and review is up: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12BjgHXaVw5cJzHqJp4w3Ptinb7TIMRr_SUWZ4I2b-gI/edit?usp=sharing

Speechless on how good it is at this price…it might dethrone the LZ A6 as my favorite iem or at the very least shares the nr 1 spot.

If Fiio can do this with “only” 3 drivers, I am very curious how it would be like if they added more drivers…

This is the first time I used the term “TOTL” but it is so damn close. If adding more drivers could improve the technicalities (soundstage, detail and instrument separation) to at least LZ A6 level, then it would be TOTL.

Nr 1 rec goes to FH3, second goes to the LZ A6 and third is the Intime Sora 2 (regardless of price). :+1:

4 Likes

And then the Ex800st… :wink: glad you digging them, will try to get a pair if possible