RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

They will have an extremely tough competition.

Would you rank STARFIELD and KXXS the same? I’m really interested in that new FH3,there’s something about fiio s turbo what they do on bass is hella addicting like fh5

Ahh cra…p. I have to get the FH3 now :grimacing:
And the LZ A6 has not even arrived yet.

2 Likes

I dont have the starfield so cant say anything about it, but from other people´s post and the graph I might like it a bit more. (KXXS Isnt worth it anymore though both in SQ and in price so the starfield kinda has to be much better to get a rec from me.)

The bass is due to the beryllium DD 100%. The urbanfun ISS014 also has a beryllium dd but without the s turbo and it does the bass the exact same way.

1 Like

Well…sorry for your wallet :joy:

1 Like

I just read your rankings! I’m glad my no.1 IEM (Blessing 2)as of today is on S tier =). Can I ask a question since you are more knowledgable on iems how the hell the bass on blessing 2 has so much impact and texture and the DD used is not even that especial like beryllium,CNT,etc

1 Like

No idea, how they did it. Moondrop certainly has the tuning skills to make great stuff.

(if you like it, it shouldnt matter what rank it is on my or anyone else´s ranking list just enjoy it and be happy :+1:)

1 Like

I returned all of my iems that are poorly ranked on rikudou’s list

2 Likes

I’m thinking about keeping just one very high ranking set. :slight_smile:

Is it the fh3? :eyes:

1 Like

Wow, I hope it is because you personally disliked them too and not because you just want to follow my ranking lol.

I have seen many people wanting to get some high ranking stuff just because it is ranked high on someone´s list (crinacle).

That is a wise choice. Unfortunately I am too addicted to do something like that :joy:.

Although If I were to cull down my collection, I would probably keep 5 of them :slight_smile:.

If you ask me which ones it would be:

Fiio FH3
LZ A6
Tin Hifi P1
…ok I cant chose beyond this point, feels like you have to pick which one of your kids you want to keep… :joy:

1 Like

X2…love the chase and the delivery rush :pill::smiley:…Plus I like to swop what IEM’s i’m using depending on what mood I’m in or genre I’m listening to.
So I’m kinda scarred I might find the “One” but that’s very unlikely to happen for the above reasons lol.

1 Like

Exactly, some times I prefer a brighter signature and sometimes warmer. You cant do both with a single iem, or it will be a “jack of all trades, master of non” :joy:

2 Likes

Very true say that sir :+1:

1 Like

Disclaimer :

Price:

Specifications:

Accessories:

Cable:

Build:

Fit:

Comfort:

Isolation:

Setup:

Lows:

Mid-bass:

Sub-bass:

Mids:

Female-vocals:

Male-vocals:

Treble:

Soundstage:

Tonality:

Details:

Instrument Separation:

Music:

Songs that highlight the IEM:

Good genres:

Bad genres:

Comparisons:

Conclusion:

Cable source: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/resistance-of-cables-pics-comments-and-links.907998/

Disclaimer :

Price:

Specifications:

Accessories:

Cable:

Build:

Fit:

Comfort:

Isolation:

Setup:

Lows:

Mid-bass:

Sub-bass:

Mids:

Female-vocals:

Male-vocals:

Treble:

TECHNICALITIES:

Soundstage:

Tonality:

Details:

Instrument Separation:

Music:

Songs that highlight the IEM:

Good genres:

Bad genres:

Comparisons:

IEM:

Bass: Artist-song (timestamp), X has tighter sub-bass than Z but Z has more sub-bass quantity.

Mids:

Treble:

Technicalities: Artist-song (timestamp), iem X is better at Z than iem Y but Y is better at V.

Conclusion:

Cable source: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/resistance-of-cables-pics-comments-and-links.907998/

Which way do you guys think is better? The first one is my current template.

The second is a new way I have been thinking of doing. Basically the changes are:

1. Added clarification on what I consider to be technicalities (soundstage, details, tonality and instrument separation).

2. Change the way I describe the comparison part so that it is more similar to how I describe the iem I am reviewing. By giving a song + timestamp and describing what the differences are between the 2 iems.

Pros:
more informing and in depth.
The reader can decide which one they like the most, instead of me “guessing” which one will suit you more.

Cons:
Longer reviews
The reader needs to know which one they prefer more (for an example, tighter bass is better for me, maybe not for you, but you have to know yourself which kind of bass you prefer).

Agreed. This is why the Mangird Tea has found a permanent home in my collection. It’s a bright IEM I actually enjoy. The lower mids and upper bass are reduced vs my usual preferences so it allows focus on the sub bass, mids and treble. The H40 is very similar in tonality to the FH3 but the FH3 does just about everything the H40 does better.

1 Like

Sounds like I would have liked the H40 lol. Well not going to get it now anyway when I got the FH3 (besides the size being too big).