RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

The H40 is a very nice sounding IEM. It’s very full much like the FH3, but it’s softer and more relaxed. The fit and comfort of the Mangird and H40 are very similar. Their stems are pretty deep which is slightly uncomfortable for me vs shallower fit IEMs. I also need/want a perfect seal so I use silicone tips. This ends up causing inner ear suction issues. I end up moving the tips in my ears constantly while wearing the H40 and Mangird unfortunately. The Mangird is worse than the H40. I can get awat from the issue by wearing foam tips, but the sound is not as good.

The Fiio IEMs, along with Moondrop, IT00 etc… similarrly sized IEMs disappear in my ears with no problems.

2 Likes

Yeah, sad when the size is the factor that turns me away from stuff…

1 Like

Everything about the product should weigh on your enjoyment of it. If any aspect of the product bothers you or detracts from your enjoyment, it should be of note especially as a reviewer. :slight_smile:

exactly, too many “reviewers” (shills) just seem to skip over important aspects that might be dealbreakers to other people…

Like if the iem has a non-replaceable cable and is thinn as a noodle…it wont last long but most just seem to skip that part. :smirk:

Have you tried removing the foam from under the nozzle of the H40? I’ll try and find the mod and link it in a minute. Apparently it made them much much better

I dont have the H40, I know about the mod. It is the one dynamicears from head-fi made.

1 Like

can you link me the page where he discusses it, I seem to have lost it

1 Like

that’s why im going to keep the h40 when it arrives and skip the fh3. It’s also because im getting the 2.5mm balanced version for my QP2R

Yeah, if that mod can improve it that much then no need to return it with all the extra hassle that comes with that.

But for guys that are looking at either one of them, I believe the FH3 is the better one (especially for the value factor).

1 Like

I have a review unit of the Periodic Audio BE coming (should be here on monday), looking forward to see what the bass on a pure beryllium DD is like when just a coated one (Fiio FH3/Urbanfun ISS014) is already awesome.

My review unit of the Tingker TK200 is in Sweden somewhere too, but pretty sure I get the Periodic BE first lol.

Both of them are going to have a super tough time since the FH3 exists, doubt they will be better but who knows I might be surprised. :joy:

1 Like

2 Likes

Tingker TK200 review is up: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TqganIVNMs6dp998DQlzQIf6wmEBN1Y2O2y8sUztISg/edit?usp=sharing

Grade B+

The bass is clean even with its extreme quantity. As much quantity as the TFZ No.3 but cleaner.
NR 1 basshead rec.

The NO.3 sounds like garbage in comparison. :joy:

This iem made me reconsider my thought that it doesnt matter how much bass quantity an iem has, as long as it is clean I will like it.
Well…this might be a bit too much for me. :joy:

2 Likes

I really like the look of that cable. Looks very Fiio-ish. Not a fan of the shell design. It reminds me of the Tin T2 which I dislike. I’ll check out your review. Thanks!

1 Like

Honestly the stock sound is quite bad, because of the sharp treble. I am currently playing around with EQ and it is very good with that.

What difference is there between using the tape mod or just EQing the bass @Mufflertape?

Damn :frowning: if you do the tape mod it is an unrelenting ammount of bass, I dont eq it personally. It is like a shelf boost, it effects the midbass a lot so it may make it too bloated for you, it was that way for me. I’m intrested in exploring the treble some with you sometime.

yeah the tape mod with other iems I tried it on, usually makes it bloated.

I am actually really liking the sound I get with EQ. Seems to respond well to EQ since some others either doesnt help tame the peaks or it does but the quality drops like a stone.

Not with the EX800st.

1 Like

EQ for the EX800st:

Low shelf: 80 HZ, Q:0.64, Gain: 2.5dB

Low shelf: 150HZ, Q:1.1, Gain: 1.5dB

Peak EQ: 3700HZ, Q:1.5, Gain: 2dB

Peak EQ: 5350 HZ, Q:3.4, Gain:-7dB

Preamp: -4dB

1 Like

2020-08-20: Periodic Audio BE review is up: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/periodic-audio-beryllium-be.22397/reviews#item-review-24164

Grade: D

It is a damn rip-off with this sound at this price. If it truly is a pure BE DD driver, then they took gold and turned it into crap.

(Tried EQ too, but it didnt help or quality dropped like a stone.)

2 Likes