RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

haha, yeah. Bud value is crazy!

I might try my hands on DIY iems as well though…
Found an interesting driver.

Thats the same driver used in the JVC FD01/FDX01.

7 Likes

Haha! Not gonna hide it. After my purge and settling my current IEM lineup it’s how I feel. Especially with the OG Tea and UP I don’t see anything in the pipeline I’m hyped for that leaves me feeling it would overtake them. These earbuds though. Between pricing and how awesome I find the Grand Rider to be in sound, while offering a different experience from IEMs, has me hyped. Why not let an earbud veteran take my money and guide me. Will save me all the hassle and money I had finding IEMs to my preferences.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m in a similar boat - now that I have my Holy Trinity (Olina, S12, Canon), I’m moving on to earbuds so I can give my ear canals a rest from IEMs. I have over-ear headphones, but I hope @Rikudou_Goku can match or even surpass them in most criteria so I can sell them and get earbuds haha

1 Like

I’m glad over ears aren’t my thing and I can avoid that rabbit hole. I just listen to a lot of music on the go and living in a hot humid environment just makes them unbearable. When I do get time to sit and listen I’ve never been inclined to wonder how over ears would be.

3 Likes

Don’t go down the headphone rabbit hole lol

2 Likes

Ironically I had this meme of an idea, where you would put fans outside of the cups on an open back hp to reduce the heat lol.

1 Like

way too much. I use this (fume extractor):

:rofl:

1 Like

I thought we were going for low dB.
Airflow: 33.5 CFM
Acoustical Noise : 6.9 dB(A)

With ACTIVE NOISE . . .

5 Likes

What is the sound signature of the regular archer? I bought it, but find myself using other buds. The treble has a little too much sizzle and sibilance. My Moondrop Leibsleid is my current detailed oriented earbud

Reverse L shape I guess. It is probably my brightest model atm.

1 Like

Took a while, since my package didnt get any updates for a long time and I thought the package was lost but I did get it a few days ago.

Here is the taobao/Cssbuy guide:

3 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku have you seen Fiio’s earbuds for 2022 yet? Looks like a german site has one listed already. Called the FF3. 14.2mm bery coated cone, stainless housings, also looks like it has the fiio quick change plugs. Its listed for 90 euro right now but I have no idea if that is accurate or not.

yeah, I saw that.

2 Likes

You ever heard the Fiio EM5 Earbud? Don’t see it in your list. Overpriced I guess…

I havent. But I did hear from woodyluvr that he prefers my Berserker 1 over it. :joy:

5 Likes

It seems that Fiio earbuds are typically overpriced

1 Like

Ok, know what? Headphone guys, please give me a list of reputable and “benchmark” worthy closed-back headphones. Price range between 300-800 usd.

I need one to compare with my DIY hp. Currently, I am most likely to get the Denon D5200, since there is a pretty nice deal on it atm and the graph looks appealing to me.

2 Likes

Check out the Drop + Dan Clark Aeon Closed X. It’s a planar magnetic headphone. I believe the Dan Clark Aeon RT Closed has the same sound signature. It’s a very harman curve sounding headphone.

1 Like

I guess I should say, no Drop hps. (Europe lol.)

:joy: