RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Massive haul of toys from taobao!

5 Likes

Too bad this sounds like garbage, giga bloated bass, no mids, banshee treble without any air. Metallic timbre across the range.

Instant F

Cant even save it with mods + PEQ…(modded rank: E+)

9 Likes

Thanks for taking the hit for us!

4 Likes

I’ve gotta say, as I’ve been using both the Berserker 1 and Rider 1 this week, it’s hard to choose a clear winner! The Berserker is definitely the more “fun” of the two, but isn’t really wanting for clarity or performance as a resut. The Rider is the better balanced of the two, and is definitely a soundstage monster. Both of them deliver the goods, including actual tangible subbass performance (at least in a reasonably quiet surrounding). I think that I could honestly be done with buds with just these two, but of course I’ll be keeping my eyes on future releases!

6 Likes

main-qimg-b2d20640a775b338587b341834364b94

3 Likes

I must admit i don’t understand: Do you have a hell of a driver, or are you mad because of something faulty?

1 Like

Judging by the gif, I think he’s constipated.

3 Likes

6727f29c0f0be8257501a914c67f1521

Grand Rider 1.

Since my taobao package actually came, I got my bery driver.

9 Likes

Congrats! And how does it sound??

Warm-neutral, slight mid-bass boost with lots of texture, vocals are slightly on the warmer side and neutral, treble is smooth and airy, current stage king (balanced with great width and depth) and excellent timbre

(dont ask for more impressions atm, im banning bud usage while im reviewing iems lol.)

5 Likes

Wish I would have gotten the Grand Rider 1 after seeing this and because of how much I’m enjoying it. You have plans to produce more? If so might as well throw me in the list with the other reservations. Would be nice to have a second pair.

1 Like

probably a long time before I revisit it.

Next ones are the Lancers, Berserkers, Sabers, Alter Riders, Alter Archers and Grand Riders.

While im also experimenting on PK shells and other 15.4mm shells (DP100 and MX760 replicas).

Then I also have my headphone project. Which is more and more likely to be a thing actually. Considering how much I like it atm. Lets say that, my current hp collection is getting smacked left and right…considering getting something like the Denon D5200 to see how far my hp can go.

3 Likes

Can you guide my earbud journey? Joking somewhat but, also serious. Just default me to all your projects. Sign me up for the grand class if it’ll be a thing if not just the regular. Assuming prices are around the current pricing. Super happy with your work and confident in your future offerings to blind buy. Figured with all your buds it would be a well rounded collection tailored for many situations.

3 Likes

you are signed up for the Lancer, Berserker and Grand Archer 1.

I will have my lineup guide up soon.

Regular classes = 50 euro
Grand classes = 100 euro
Will not change.
Prices is going to be higher once I figured out the mmcx, modular or 100% DIY cable solution. But that be something you can pick if you want I expect.

Thats the reason I have my different classes. :wink:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’m so hyped to receive the buds when ready. I love my IEMs but, the prices can get high going for the tribrids and trying to find a preference you like. Getting even higher if I want different signatures. It’s mind boggling to me that earbuds, especially your customs, can be had at such great prices and sound so good. And that I can get numerous signatures for the price of a single IEM.

4 Likes

haha, yeah. Bud value is crazy!

I might try my hands on DIY iems as well though…
Found an interesting driver.

Thats the same driver used in the JVC FD01/FDX01.

7 Likes

Haha! Not gonna hide it. After my purge and settling my current IEM lineup it’s how I feel. Especially with the OG Tea and UP I don’t see anything in the pipeline I’m hyped for that leaves me feeling it would overtake them. These earbuds though. Between pricing and how awesome I find the Grand Rider to be in sound, while offering a different experience from IEMs, has me hyped. Why not let an earbud veteran take my money and guide me. Will save me all the hassle and money I had finding IEMs to my preferences.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m in a similar boat - now that I have my Holy Trinity (Olina, S12, Canon), I’m moving on to earbuds so I can give my ear canals a rest from IEMs. I have over-ear headphones, but I hope @Rikudou_Goku can match or even surpass them in most criteria so I can sell them and get earbuds haha

1 Like

I’m glad over ears aren’t my thing and I can avoid that rabbit hole. I just listen to a lot of music on the go and living in a hot humid environment just makes them unbearable. When I do get time to sit and listen I’ve never been inclined to wonder how over ears would be.

3 Likes