RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

About 3 hours.

Don’t know if I will sell them, the time and effort is ridiculously high.

(Will use them another day, too tired now…)

9 Likes

Grand Rider and Prototype came in letsgoooo

Tyvm @Rikudou_Goku :pray: I know what I’m doing tonight :eyes:

9 Likes

Enjoy!

That prototype is the Prototype of the Berserker 1 btw.

64ohm Titanium coated driver.

6 Likes

wait, what number am I on the waiting list? :sweat_smile:

nr 9.

Once I get the packages, it wont take long for all of the reserved ones to done.

(your model, if I am lucky, should arrive next week. its in NL right now.)

1 Like

@StevehamNY you getting your hands on one of Riku’s DIY earbuds?

Are you getting enrollments for “chaconne killer” already?

You and @ttorbic are the only ones wanting that kinda tuning.

Although in your case, since my package on Taobao is probably lost, I dont have any of driver on the way. The Alter Rider that ttorbic reserved is the budget version though, so if you dont mind that one, it shouldnt take more than 1-2 weeks before its done.

1 Like

If it’s cool to comment publicly, then yes!

(If it’s not cool, then absolutely not!)

4 Likes

(nothing stopping you guys from saying anything about my buds.)

3 Likes

Oh right, look.

“From japan”. :rofl:

4 Likes

Found one.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004265560625.html

(I havent tried this, but I do have some other fostex driver ordered.)

2 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku Thanks for the fast shipping. Only got around 30 minutes listening on the Rider 1 but, must say I’m super impressed. Having gone from gas station buds most my life, to AirPod Pros then a straight head dive into IEMs I must say I’m impressed. Didn’t thing earbuds could bring me this much satisfaction at their price point.

7 Likes

Just got mine today, too! Gonna break 'em in over the coming week then take them on vacation with me! They’re fantastic all-rounders with some serious thump! Gonna have a collection before too long lol:

Rider 1 and Berserker 1

5 Likes

hey there @Rikudou_Goku
I just received Qian39 and coming from LBBS (using your PEQ + some tweaks) Q39 sounds veiled to me and too warm… I can’t use full foams. Doughnuts sound better to me but still vocals aren’t natural to my ears and I got these for watching movies and longer listening sessions, so vocals are important.
so I wanted to ask your opinion on a PEQ that adds clarity to these without losing the mid bass…!
What do you think about this preset (using doughnuts… I know EQ is personal… but just wanted to hear your opinion if possible and improve it)

PA: -6

LSH 80Hz, Q 0.6 Gain: +6

PK 350Hz, Q 1 Gain: -5

HSH 2500Hz, Q 0.6 Gain: +3.5

PK 5000Hz, Q 3 Gain: -3

that 350hz peak band is gonna affect the mid-bass as well.

Otherwise you can try taping the vents on it.

You can try taping both sides, or just one.

1 Like

thanks for the answer. I’ll try it tonight. just regular transparent tape??

actually I’m fine with bass using that EQ … LSH bump makes it more thumpy than stock and 350Hz -5 makes the vocals colder (more natural) and prevents it to be muddy. but it’s still not as good as LBBS …! but overal very good for the price and I consider it an upgrade over IRIS 2. IRIS 2 didn’t respond to EQ as good as Q39

Thats for sure lol.

All you need is something to block it with.

You can try using a full block with regular tape or blutack. And you can also try something that doesnt fully seal it like micropore tape.

(FYI: you can try this mod on MX500 buds as well, like the iris 2.0)

1 Like

Is this mod based on having full foams , doughnuts or neither?

I always use full foams.

That mod is how you tune buds, except you do it on the inside and have access to more materials in varying densities.

2 Likes