RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Something is erupting today. :wink:

4 Likes

15 Likes

Ooooo that graph is looking very nice indeed. Looking forward to the write up from you, good sir.

1 Like

There is an embargo for sound impressions/review until their official announcement though.

1 Like

Well that’s unfortunate. They look promising! Any idea on the MSRP?

Dont know tbh. (or I forgot about it since they might have told me a few months ago lol.)

Announcement isnt too far away though.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s an adorable set, we shall see. Tuning and looks are very promising.

Edit: Obviously I meant Affordable but I’m leaving adorable because it made me laugh lol

7 Likes

Which do you prefer? What music genres work well with each? Are they still available?

Rider

They both dont have much bass, so I wouldnt use them for stuff like edm, hip-hop, rock/metal. They are neutral, with the Rider being warmer and the Archer brighter. So OST, acoustic/vocals and classical works well for them.

Archer got sniped already.
1 Rider available atm.

1 Like

Do you have buds that would be suited for this? My library is all over the place. Probably going to need a few to suite for everything.

of course, Berserker or Saber would work. Those are kinda my main genres after all (Hiroyuki Sawano is close to rock/metal genres).

Awesome I should be in the wait list for those from previous DM discussion.

2 Likes

Yep, just nr 11. :rofl:

1 Like

Hi there @Rikudou_Goku . Some questions here. I have an issue with earbuds in general. If I raise the volume to a certain level (not that high TBH) (and especially in the presence of subbass frequencies) vocals fall apart and they “vibrate”…! I don’t know how to describe it. It’s like singer is talking and a fan is turned on in front of his mouth. (I don’t know if you’ve heard people behind a fan :smiley: ). Qian39 , Iris 2.0 and LBBS (especially when your bass PEQ is applied) all have this issue.

So my questions are:

Have you experienced this issue?

Do all earbuds behave like this?

If you haven’t faced this, do you think it’s because of the lack of power? (I have this issue on all my sources but none are that powerful tbh)

Sounds like distortion. I havent heard it in buds but I have heard it on something like the Koss headphones (KSC75 for example). But only when I raise the volume a lot.

Thats a sign that you need to lower the volume you are listening to loud.

Dont know if more power will help though.

3 Likes

DLC Dynamic Driver + 12mm Piezo

Doesnt fit inside the shell?

Proceeds to think “outside the box”, quite literally. :rofl:

7 Likes

:smirk:

5 Likes

Purdy drivers, what are they?

2 Likes
1 Like

DIY headphones time??

1 Like