RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

hmm, besides tips like elecom, jvc, azla and those gel tips from canal works.

There arent that much other cheap stuff to buy. But maybe u can try the old classics from Zero Audio?

(probably needs a tuning filter on top, but looks like a budget bravado.)

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj8KtZngIHv/

(PK buds are 100% coming.)

5 Likes

DD + Piezo hybrid

11 Likes

Update on what is going on behind the scenes.

1. Working on PK buds.

2. Working on DD/Piezo Bud (Caster candidate).

3. Ordered from OEM directly

4. Gotta stop procrastinating and try the other (15.4mm) drivers I got at home. :rofl:

13 Likes

Thanks for all the support! Look forward to future projects!

18 Likes

Congrats on the accomplishment. Can’t wait for DD/Piezo bud.

1 Like

Haha, Im listening to one atm. Randomly found another pair of drivers lying around and put them in MX500 shell. :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve been giving my IEMs a break for the weekend. Been listening to the Assassin for a good part of the day. Yesterday was spent between the Rider and the Berserker 2. I’m finding the Assassin is slowly becoming the sleeper. Didn’t jive with me so well in the beginning. Recently something clicked and I’ve been using it alot more. I think my favorites have came down to the Assassin and the Rider. Others are great just more in line with occasional use to fill a mood of mine.

Berserker 2 is absolutely a ridiculous beast with the bass and blast when I want it. Berserker 1 seems to be a better all arounder when I want the elevated bass but, more clarity to the mids/treble. Lancer is an oddity. I haven’t quit found what makes it click. It’s either a love or hate relationship depending on the track. Need more time with it to determine what makes it shine.

Edit: Can’t wait for the PK and Saber. Just checked and it looks like they’re in my city. Hopefully delivery will be early in the week.

4 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku Just as a suspected the Saber is a huge hit for me. My quick thought is like comparing it between the UP and EX800ST with regards to bass. I see UP often called a basshead IEM which compared to EX800ST Tape Mod it’s nowhere near it. It’s just fine we’ll controlled bass with a slight extra emphasis on bass to “satisfy” a basshead. You want to drown in bass it’s the EX800ST. Berserker 2 is your EX800ST and the Saber is your UP. Just as my EX800ST the Berserker 2 has a time and place and when I’m in the extreme bass mood it’s an absolute joy. Nine times out of ten though I’m grabbing my UP.

I still need more time with the PK. Definitely a unique signature to it compared to your other buds. It’s not an instant turn of though as some other branded buds and IEMs have been . As it stands right now Assassin still mostly reigns as the champ followed by the Rider. Going to see how the honeymoon phase goes but, have a good feeling the Saber will knock the Rider down a slot.

3 Likes

New model, Grand Alter Saber 2.

80ohm light blue PET driver.

Bass boosted neutral: Very small bass boost that is very clean but has lots of texture and impressive extension, evenly balanced male/female vocals, smooth but very airy treble, TOTL timbre, holographic stage, best dynamic range currently

Last Gen 1/2 model before I go focus 100% on Gen 3 which will be using the Qian39 shell.
Edit: Clarification, on this last part. What this means is that I wont be focusing on creating new models to be added into the gen 1/2 lineup but instead focus on making gen 3 a thing. So if you are worried about me stopping the sale of the gen 1/2 buds, that is not it.

10 Likes

oh and while I am at it, I am also announcing the RikuBox. For 20 euro (excluding shipping), you get a random bud that I made during my R&D phase that did no make the cut into the official lineup.

5 Likes

What shells are you using on these bad boys?

His Gen 2 models use val39 shells

3 Likes

As @taropaste mentioned, its the Val39 shell like the rest of the Gen 2 models.

btw, here is a review of the Grand Berserker 2:

4 Likes

Gen 3 will be Qian39 shell? So you drop the Val39 shell? If so, might say why?

The Qian39 shell is smaller and the common 15,4mm drivers won’t fit, that was the reason for the Val39 if I remember correctly.

At some point you also mentioned there is gonna be a chance for the PK shell for Gen 3.

Yes.

Val39 is used for gen 2.

Basically, the plan is to have some clear targets for all 3 gens.

Gen 1 = basic/all-rounder
Gen 2 = sound focused
Gen 3 = comfort

The qian39 shell is indeed smaller but I did find out that the 15.4mm does fit (although glue is mandatory) even though the original Qian39 driver IS smaller than 15.4mm.

I still want PK, but the problems I ran into with them seems to be bad enough that I cant make a whole gen for them. Its due to the extremely bad QC of the drivers I tried so far.

4 Likes

So do you have a version of the Rider in this gen 2 shell? Or something you consider to be similarly balanced and articulate?

Grand Rider 2 would be the upgrade (and in that Val39 shell).

2 Likes

As someone who really enjoys the OG Grand Rider, any particular differences between gen1 & gen2 other than the shell and driver type?

The differences between those 2 arent that big tbh. Would be redundant to have both I think.

3 Likes