RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Already posted this 3 posts above you lol.

So good, posted twice. Seriously, I am a big proponent of helping people on the budget side who may have purchased their first iem, waited 4 weeks for it to arrive, and it is too bright. Putting cotton in the tip was an old go-to idea but hard to be consistent. I have tweezers handy for placing micropore tape. I like it, but not as easy as foam. This is certainly easier to A/B than tape. I think @Rikudou_Goku is still working on measurements and different sets but wanted to get the basics out there for people to try.

2 Likes

Yeah, still working on it. Although the graphs are up on the ones I have tried.

Guess it be an Easter egg hunt after which ones I have tried it on lol.

2 Likes

Right out of the mailbox 2021 Final Type E tips.

5 Likes

I got a set with E500

3 Likes

Mine are on the way!

Type E party over here huh? :smiley:

2 Likes

K´s Samsara K300. First of all, WTF is with that “packaging” that not even sub 10 usd bud arrive in…Very crappy presentation and no accessories either and only a package of foam (full and donut). Cable looks durable though…

K´s Bell-WE (Bass version), now this is a lot better presentation than the Samsara K300 but still no accessories other than double the amount of foam. The cable though…is very thin which is kinda worrying…

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku do you plan to test any product of sennheiser? like the 100 pro, 300,etc… I just wonder how those new sennheiser compare to some Chi-Fi IEMS in their price range?

I did ask for unit on the IE300 actually but then I regretted it and told them I wasnt interested (after seeing some other reviews along with the graph). Not sure if they would have sent it to me if I didnt lose interest though…

Otherwise, no. I have no plans to get their stuff. I wasnt exactly impressed by the HD560S either and from what I know, their headphone lineup should be more popular than their iem lineup…

So sound like western can’t keep up with Chi-Fi now, am i right? cause if sennheiser cannot, i don’t know any other brand can beat those Chinese things =))

Probably…Periodic audio is the only western fi I got and that was pathetic…

Well, about that Samsara K300. I bought it because I had some hope that it was going to be the true X6 upgrade that I (and probably many other) wanted. But well, its actually still different from it. :sob:

I am giving up on finding a true upgrade to the X6…

But, that aside. The Samsara K300 has a VERY impressive sub-bass, heck it might be the best sub-bass I have heard in a bud, extends very low and the rumble is very similar to iems (closer to iem bass than the X6 does).Overall tonality is kinda similar to the X6, what makes it different however is that the Samsara has more recesssed vocals and is warmer, so its more of a V-shaped bud. Although, it might be closer to the RW-9 (havent compared them though) than the X6.

The Bell-WE (bass version), has less bass and more mids/treble than the Samsara so it is brighter.

At the moment, I prefer the Samsara K300 over the Bell-WE (bass).

Using full foams on both and using the Schiit Asgard 3.

2 Likes

For IEMs its very much China/Japan etc. and not the west for the most part. And for headphones its Germany/France/USA from the ones I’ve tried. Maybe some Japan with Stax et al.

1 Like

Yeah, we need more chi-fi brands to compete in the headphone world, because IMO at the current market. Pretty much every headphone are overpriced…

IMO that’s not really true. It’s only true for the more affordable range, but for the kilobuck and up, the west has a pretty good spot.

1 Like

Yes, I agree that western iems do seem to have a better hold on the kilobuck range+ compared to the low/mid tier.

1 Like

I agree to an extent, you are buying a brand more than the RnD IMO. I feel that its pretty stagnant regarding breakthroughs as well. I may try a Mobius sometime, Audeze trys to be like Apple so I’m not the biggest fan, but those have some good tech. Digital stuff is not my number 1 want for headphones, but it may be an interesting development until we all have nuralink…:smirk:

Which is one of the things I hate…

1 Like

The west competes in kilobuck + but doesn’t win outright. and they lose in the lower fields with IEMs. That is what I will concede.

1 Like