RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Similar spot like mine then. I dont use the amazon trick since I am too lazy to send stuff back lol.

I’ll wait then. The pictures he took make no justice to the cables, so I’ll wait for your input before buying.

yeah, they dont do it justice at all.

They are using these wires:

Why did you go for 6 cores instead of 8 just like your NR1 cable?

8 cores are a bit too thick and heavy for me, while 4 cores are a bit too thin. So I figured that 6 cores is the best of both worlds.

By the way, have you already checked this store?

No, but seems they have some stuff from Lunashops (another cable store) and DIY materials.

I was showing @Rikudou_Goku the measurements on the dark copper version of the pure silver and copper hybrid which measures lower than the bright. I am also a fan on the colors, more contrast. Yes the A17 is very nice, that is NiceHCK’s WhiteCrane which is Furukawa copper and the same material as GoldenFall, but in silver. I would wait a couple weeks for the Aliexpress summer sale and see if it drops back under $40usd. Yes, I like that cable as it is unique but not at the full retail price. Definitely not at full WhiteCrane price either.

Not the best pic but I was measuring both and gives you an idea on the different copper colors. The bright hybrid on the left, the dark copper version on the right.

2 Likes

That blue cable is NiceHCK Blue Comet: NiceHCK BlueComet high end 8 Core 6N Litz OCC Earphone Upgrade Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/QDC/0.78mm 2Pin for LZ A7 MK3 RW 2000|Earphone Accessories| - AliExpress
I chased the promotional deals on those 3 new blue cables and only ended up with a Spacecloud for $36usd. No matter how well it measures, I doubt I would pay more than that for it and it ends up in the same recommendation category, not recommended as the usual price is ridiculously expensive. Still waiting for it to arrive.

1 Like

Found the GD5 by HSAudio
US $199.98 | HSAudio Arena DD+4BA Hybrid Sonion Hifi Music Monitor Audiophile 2Pin 0.78mm Earphones Headphones Blessing2 NORN A7 ZS10 PRO NX7

I just love it when they slap all the search words and competition in the product name listing.

Thanks a lot, Paul. Regarding the Pure Silver & Copper cable I really enjoy the bright one. As you also have the KZ ZSX and noticed a difference in sound when ditching the stock cable (I also noticed when switching to the 8 core Pure Silver & Copper), did you have the opportunity to check if there’s any difference in sound between the darker and brighter copper cable on the ZSX?

I would also like to know if in your opinion the cable A17 (XINHS WhiteCrane) changes the sound signature when compared to XINHS 8 core Pure Silver & Bright Copper?

I would say the bright and dark are similar. I got a great deal on Goldenfall but I really like it. Enough that I immediately plotted a way to buy WhiteCrane at a discount. I certainly wouldn’t pursue WhiteCrane at any price assuming it will change your world, but I do think it pairs very well with some iems and I would only consider it under that $38usd range. Otherwise enjoy your copper and silver as it is close enough and costs less. I had him build a custom of the bright and dark copper which I would also recommend. I like his bright copper, dark copper but not the SPC. You can tell me that cables make no difference but that one is bright. Second one I would consider are the sleeved which are actually the generic NiceHCK c4-1. Compared to the stiffer 4 core, it is nice to have a softer 4 core.

I’m considering the 8 cores Single crystal copper plastic pearl powder outer skin as I worry about the crystal clear pvc skin covering the 8 core pure silver & copper might get yellow after some time – probably only after 2-3 years. Did this happen to any of your cables?

do you have this?
Ostry eartips,

Take out this part, then put it on your favourite tips,
I put it on Final Type E + Blon,
absolutely smooth vocal, no peak whatsoever,
perfect for Kpop songs with very piercing high vocal,
3 filter to choose from,

There is also this,
Moondrop nozzle filter,

Reduce peakyness

Combine Moondrop filter + Ostry,
maximum muffled sound,

1 Like

None of my cables have changed colors, but most of them arent that old either.

I don’t have them, heard from a friend that they suck. My DIY foam mod is similar though.

… Some more unbelievable info from GS Audio.

I asked them if they got any iems with sonion ESTs.

2 BA + 2 EST = 2080 Yuan = 326 usd
6 BA + 2 EST = 4280 Yuan = 670 usd
8 BA + 4 EST = 5280 Yuan = 827 usd
1 DD + 2 BA + 2 EST = 2380 Yuan = 373 usd

They also mentioned that they have some iems that arent listed right now but they will add them.

2 Likes

That one surely sounds interesting.

1 Like

Indeed, the 2 BA + 2 EST is also interesting. But the other 2 are too expensive and lacks a DD so…

1 Like