RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Did you ever get yours hand on the iBasso IT01x?

Nope, and I guess I wont after what I just did lol.

3 Likes

Lol love your honesty though!

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku
Hello,
could you please take a photo of this eartips side by side,
Elecom CAP20 and Final Type E,

the import taxes is too expensive to buy the eartips,
but there is an Elecom earphone for sale here,

is it the same eartips?
I hope it’s the same case as the final audio,
buy the earphone just for the tips,

thank you,

yeah…they look different. Those look pretty generic to me.

:sweat_smile: yeah, it’s a long shot,

oohh~~~ nice silver cable peeking in the background
Tri Through?

Yup, Tri Through it is.

Just read your review…and conclusion is K300 is just a bit better X6 with much higher price?

Not a true upgrade either, the Samsara K300 is V-shaped while the X6 is bass boosted neutral.

Diminishing returns hits the bud world really hard, the gap from the X6 and the other buds in the 100-200 usd range is…not as big as the iem world.

1 Like

Check out the atom of the atom. :joy:

2 Likes

2021-06-06: JDS Labs Atom review is up: JDS Labs Atom Amp - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

In a nutshell, its not for iem users but good for everyone else.

1 Like

2021-06-06: Well, after going through my entire bud collection. Here are the update ranks:

Moondrop Nameless: C+ to B-

NiceHCK B40: B- to B

NiceHCK Traceless: B+ to B

FAAEAL Snow lotus 2.5mm: A- to B+

Toneking Dendroaspis Virids: S- to A+

Biggest discovery to me though. Is the the Faaeal Iris CE is very similar to the NiceHCK ME80. So if you wanted to get the ME80 but cant since it is discontinued now, you can try the Iris CE instead. The ME80 is still better in technicalities, but tonality wise they are very similar and the Iris CE is the better value since it is around 3x cheaper. :+1:

2 Likes

Picked up the Blessing 2 for the sole reason to hear it for the sake of comparison. The Blessing 2 is in league with the Mangird Tea. I was afraid the B2 would not have nearly enough bass and would be far too bright/shouty for my preferences per its graph. But in general, It sounds quite good for a neutral tuning.

I thought by its appearance, it would feel light and like cheap plastic. By my surprise, the shells feel more like glass and the are quite heavy. The surface is very hard and smooth they are actually slippery to hold. Not what I expected.

Last photo came out a bit out of focus.

6 Likes

Get the lz a7 if you got that much money to throw just for a comparison iem lol. :joy:

1 Like

I’ve got a Dusk if you wanted to try another comparison with that! Definitely a heavy-hitter, price be damned.

1 Like

I have another IEM coming this week (Excalibur) but after that I might. Linsoul has a sale this month where I need to use some discounts I’ve won.

oh boy. If you want to buy stuff dont forget that the summer sale is coming up on aliexpress at the 15th this month.

(although I would recommend to everyone wanting to get more iems in the 100 usd + range, to wait for more impressions on the GS Audio stuff.)

1 Like

Is there an amp of a similar form factor and price range that is more suitable for iems? I mostly use my iems in my desk setup and would rather have something that I could connect to my audio interface

Honestly, I dont know. I talked to @M0N (the source expert here) about it and it seems like all the entry levels desktop amps have that problem…or they explode (topping L3). :joy:

The solution I am thinking of might be to buy a portable amp and using it as a desktop amp instead. Those seem to be better for iems.

You could also use the ifi iematch or just lower the volume with the pc software control I guess…

1 Like

For the most part yes, I would say that the majority of desktop amps either have noise floor problems or end up not having a good enough volume range for very sensitive iems. I do think that for some iems you can get away with a desktop unit if it’s not that sensitive, but generally I’d say about half the iems will be an issue.

There is a pretty simple solution though, if you grab something like an ifi iematch that will give you much more volume range, reduce noise floor if it’s there, and also allow you drive the amp in it’s sweet spot more (considering that the sweet spot of a desktop unit is designed to lie in driving headphone volume)

You can do that, although those tend to be more dac/amp portables than just pure amps (or daps)

Schiit just released their IEMagni which is one of their magni’s specifically designed with iems in mind, so that’s likely worth a look

That might not fix noise floor problems, and also will degrade the quality of the audio due to digital volume control (perhaps negligible but can become a big problem if you go low enough)

3 Likes