RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

I totally agree. @Rikudou_Goku sent me down the earbud hole. So far very happy. I love @hawaiibadboy straightforward review style. However his budget is usually beyond my modest student income

3 Likes

For me the sounds from my BLON BL-03s are much more refined and more alive after replacing its stock filters with the mesh filters that I bought for it as replacements, and to think that the BLON BL-03s are already impressive as hell with its stock filters now even more impressive with its filters changed, that is saying something in my opinion.

The sub-bass can be overwhelming to some right? but with the stock filters replaced it is more controlled therefore not bloated as before, and it is favourable to me since I am not a basshead, but that does not mean I don’t want any bass lol.

That’s my takeaway from it, to me it is an improvement but to you it might be different. I mean you can give it a try and if you don’t like, you can always go back to the stock tips anyway.

1 Like

2021-07-05: Hidizs DH80S review finally done: Hidizs DH80S - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Impressive for such a small size. :+1:

1 Like

Twisted 4-Core GoldenFall Silver Plated Furukawa Copper from XINHS (Custom order)

Picture is very low resolution, the one I was sent. :slight_smile:

Regular XINHS cable link (braided):

cc @Rikudou_Goku @paulwasabii

3 Likes

Very nice, I love that one. The twisted version looks even better.

Here is my low res photo of the day. 3 cores of WhiteCrane plus 1 core of GoldenFall running up the right ear. One twisted and one braided as the factory made a mistake.

2 Likes

RIP AKM DACS. Seems a lot of them got discontinued.

3 Likes

I was considering to go 2 cores of White Crane and 2 Cores of GoldenFall twisted and alternating the white and gold cables so as not to go candy-cane style. But in the end I decided for 4 cores of GoldenFall.

I think it would look similar to yours and these two look really sharp.

So, we were discussing about tips the other day and i decided to try some different size Spinfits because i was not getting anywhere as good as an experience as others report with those.

Today I received some S size CP100, i only tried the M CP100 and CP145 before because those did fit ok and i thought M was the right size for me, but some IEMs benefit from a deeper insertion so i thought i give the S a try and i am glad i did. These are awesome, i got a perfect fit for a Spinfit for the first time and now i see what the fuss is all about.

Not sure if i prefer them over the Type E but it is nice to have another very good choice.

2 Likes

I am wondering if @Rikudou_Goku or @paulwasabii have an impedance measurement for the DD HiFi 2.5mm to 4.4mm jack converter:laughing:

I bought it to use with a very low resistance cable but if the resistance of the plug is high all the work is in vain… lol

I dont have it, but adapters should have extremely low resistance I wouldnt worry about it.

Here is Hakuzen´s measurements (his measurements are a lot more accurate than ours) on adaptes (cables on the first page): Resistance of cables; pics, comments, and links | Page 2 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Rikudou_Goku

Looks like the one I got (only difference is that mine is the full gold plated finish) is the worst of the bunch. But they look so cool. lol

DC resistivity measurements (L+,R+,L-,R-, in mΩ):
12. dd mini angled 2.5-4.4…52.5…44.9…51.8…68.3

But if I got this correct and converted it the right way it’s still very low considering the cable is 0.11Ω according to your spreadsheet.
44.9 mΩ = 0.0449 Ω
68 mΩ = 0.068 Ω

Converter: Milliohms to Ohms Conversion (mΩ to Ω) - Inch Calculator

I wouldnt worry about that when it comes to adapters, only have to know if the build quality is good or not.

Most of my adapters that I get from transducers as an accessory get worn out after I used them for a while. (they get loose and connection is a bit unstable.)

1 Like

I have both the 3.5mm and 4.4mm ones, I use them all the time and haven’t noticed any sound degradation

2 Likes

This store sells a lot of high quality adapters:

I personally use these:

(got all 3 versions)

And I have used them for months without a problem (and as you know, I do a lot of comparisons in my reviews so I do need to disconnect/reconnect them a lot).

1 Like

I’ll take a look. I bought that one because I wanted to get the cable as if it were and L-shape plug but I didn’t want it that way all the time.

That DD adapter is definitely more useful if you are using it outside, but I value the quality from CEMA products. :+1:

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku Thank you for the recommendations. I have lots of listening to do into my entrance into the earbud market.

Just arrived…

3 Likes

Welcome to the yincrowd. :wink:

2 Likes

Yincrow X6 is still my better bang for buck on the box. Might get other colors down the road.

Now, if he likes it… In before he gets chacone, bell-ti 300 and a couple of blurs :joy:

1 Like

I haven’t tried the other buds but these already sound far too good for what they are. The Fiio flagships were horrible. These literally almost snap into my ears. I’d be happy to listen to music with these when I don’t feel like sticking IEMs into my ears. Yay. Another rabbit hole to explore.

1 Like