RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Think sticky, smelly rubber when you look at it because that’s what it is. Quite the illusion. If you look closely, you can see the clear rubber sheathing. It’s really heavy too.

1 Like

I am already happy I am going to be getting the blue/white cable from the RxP spring. Honestly it was 70% or so of the reason I bought it. The other 30% is that I wanted to hear it since it has quite the following. Though I am not a fan of the looks of the IEM itself.

1 Like

I have the penon version of this cable (PAC480) and I love it. But one thing is for sure, it’s very thick and very heavy. I would not use this cable to go on a walk or something that you have to move a lot. I got used to it, but I think it can gets fatiding, especially with a small and light IEM shell…

Ks LBBS just arrived :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So Kbear cable arrived - it’s definitely borked. Compared to the stock cable everything else is muddy as f**k and bass has done an …AJFA. Bad batch - wonder how many others have same issue? @luizgarcia would you mind sharing how you checked your cable was indeed defective with a multi-meter, I’d like to do the same if I can and see where I get to arguing about getting a replacement.

2 Likes

You just have to set your multimeter to test continuity and then map which pin is connected to which end in your 3.5mm plug. Try to do this with a cable you know is good to find out which pin should map to each termination in the plug, then compare with your new cable.

Now the KBear store is offering me a refund as long as i ship the cable back! LOL, i refused and apparently aliexpress is offering me a full refund without having to send the cable back, hope this ends the dispute but i will avoid the KBear store at all costs from now on, poor QC and poor customer service…

2 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku h1707 review when?
:rofl: :rofl:

lol, I will start working on it tomorrow. Got busy IRL.

1 Like

Never heard of intime, thanks for the interesting brand!

1 Like

Yeah, I was just curious…

Cool, I purchased through same route :crossed_fingers:

@luizgarcia Btw, since you like the LZ A6, maybe you should consider getting the 1More H1707. :wink:

That is a full size headphone, right? I think i have reached endgame for full size between my Fostex Ebony and my Focal Clear :slight_smile:

Does it have a huge soundstage like the A6?

Its an “over-ear” (not really) triple driver (not really) headphone.

I will probably add the A6 into the comparison section of my review, they just make me think of the A6 too much for me to not compare them. (I havent compared them yet though.)

2 Likes

Just a head sup, but we got 42 (unique) cables in my database now.

:+1:

6 Likes

So, following up on the defective KBear cable dispute. Aliexpress ruled the dispute in my favor and refunded me the money, KBear in the other hand refused to accept the refund request (without consequence, it happened anyways).

In their last proposal of settling the dispute they wrote this horrible text complaining about me not wanting to pay for shipping for the replacement cable, and complaining i was not willing to go to a post office to ship back the broken cable:

They got what they deserved, lost the money and the cable (which is now in a trash can). If i can avoid purchasing stuff from them again i will for sure!

5 Likes

So I have a bunch of aliexpress cables that have some issues. I think its a soldering issue at the 4.4 socket end, as when I move about I lose sound.

Is there a guide to taking these things apart and fixing them?

I has solder and know my way around an iron.

Does the sheath come off?

You might get more info if you ask here:

(I have no knowledge in that area unfortunately.)

1 Like

You are going to want to get very familiar with http://www.lunashops.com/index.php

They have just about every connector end you might need. It would probably be far simpler to remove the jack and attach one that is more diy friendly.