RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Look at this beauty…

Custom “Twisted” XINHS “GoldenFall” 4 Core Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated Wire LITZ

4 Likes

looks like a candy cane, tasty~~

2 Likes

Thats pretty much my thoughts…to remove Jack, fix any solder issue.

My issue is trying to get the sheaf/sleeve off to get at the solder points underneath.

Tried pulling, twisting

Just be aware that TRS jacks are annoying to solder unless well designed to be hand solderable and TRRS are worse.

1 Like

Okay, so the more I listen to the Dunu EST112 the more irrationally annoyed I get. It is doing everything good, but just not exactly great. Then I stop and think about what I would want it to do better and I realize it would just mess up something else I like that it does so I get annoyed.

It is like knowing that for this specific track I know I have something I enjoy more, but then the next track hits and I know the previous IEM won’t do it as well as the EST, but a different IEM will.

I think the irrational annoyance is coming from the fact that I am starting to think that if I could only ever have one IEM the EST would be the most logical choice, but I would never be fully satisfied.

1 Like

Thats the biggest problem of these “jack of all trades, master of none” type of transducers.

1 Like

Yea, maybe it is also partly realizing that there may not be a perfect IEM that does everything amazingly well since certain aspects will naturally compromise others.

All that being said I do think it makes a wonderful complimentary pair to go with some of my other IEMs because despite how I sound I am really liking it. It is just frustrating at the same time.

1 Like

Yeah, I dont believe that a perfect iem exists either.

1 Like

Also I really want this Dunu cable in every IEM connection type. Everything from the multi connector to the weight is amazing. In an industry where everyone copies each other why aren’t all the IEM companies blatantly ripping off this cable?

3 Likes

The DUNU EST 112 is the least favorite tribrid I own, but I really like it. lol!

The DUW-03 is even a better cable. It’s awesome.

DUNU has the best system by far right now. Moondrop just followed suit with the Variations cable system but it completely sucks in comparison.

I want to check out the Hulk Pro but it looks a bit bluky and I don’t know if I want to spend 350 for every IEM I own to replace their cables if I love it. :frowning:

Yep, the jack end is a complete mess, tap it the wrong way and it does awful things.

Is it the same weight? I mean honestly I just saw I can special order the DUW-02 in .78 2 pin.

1 Like

I had the SA6 and the Zen but just sold both of them. The DUW-03 is just right. It’s slightly heftier than the EST 112 cable but not by much. I wouldn’t change anything about it. It was perfect IMO.

I just busted out the ol’ Yincrow X6 for the first time in forever (in anticipation of my Smabat M2s pro that’s supposed to arrive on Thursday), and holy hell did I forget how enjoyable these things are! I got so lost in listening that I accidentally ended up turning a “short walk on my rest day” into a ~6 mile roundtrip. I feel like everyone should have a pair of these, even as just a backup pair.

5 Likes

Ya @Rikudou_Goku turned me on to these and it was so unexpected how good they are. I use them at work with a Monoprice USB Dac/Amp. They’ve been characterized as like an open back and I totally agree, I like that I can have them in and still hear what’s going on with coworkers if need be. Will be trying the Chaconne’s at some point but I would love to hear a pair that is a direct upgrade. So far I don’t think that’s been found.

2 Likes

I have given up on that lol.

X6 is endgame. :joy:

4 Likes

Man that says alot, crazy but ill take it

2 Likes

Just ordered one myself after reading this :slight_smile:

1 Like

You guys are talking about these?

7 Likes

I was pretty amazed by the Monks when I did try them, so I can well believe those Yincrows sound incredible. Would they stay in my ears though? Not a chance :frowning: Buds would have some real potential for me otherwise.

1 Like

The one and only ( apparently ) I switched to the donut foams and haven’t looked back, very use case sensitive. Still would like to try the Chaconnes

2 Likes