RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

That guide turned out to be one of the most useful guides I have written lol. :joy:

Okay this hurts my poor brain… ummm Crin’s tone rating doesn’t mean what that person thinks it means at least if I am reading and understanding his comment right.

He is saying (at least the way I read it) that just because a brand has an iem with poor tuning, doesnt mean that you should completely dissmiss that brand entirely. Since pretty much all the brands in Crinacle´s list can have something good and bad.

1 Like

Okay, well then that I agree with. Unless that tuning is their house sound and they tune everything similarly, but that still is not really exactly what Crin’s tone grade is. It is not just the tuning but the execution of the tuning.

1 Like

IMO, Crin´s tone grade is very strange to me (and his rankings overall).

2 Likes

Honestly for me I look for something that interests me first and foremost (could be anything from looks to driver config or really anything that catches my attention), then I look for someone I trust to have graphed it, and assuming nothing looks off it goes on my list to pickup.

Occasionally if I see a really good deal (like on the Buy/trade thread) I might just pick something up on impulse, but I have had reasonable luck with my instincts doing that.

2 Likes

Oh almost forgot swaping to the DUW-02s, yinyoo cheap MMCX cable, and the FH3’s stock cable did not make the FD3 sound better (or worse)… The FH3 cable made it feel worse, but that was kinda expected.

When I get the multi meter I will test all the MMCX cables and relisten, but either the FD3 is not really sensitive to resistance changes or none of these cables are different enough to cause any noticable change.

Maybe I should ask [Dsnuts] what cable would be good enough to be different… but I don’t have a head fi account and that might be for the best.

2 Likes

Ah yea that cable ‘connoisseur’. Gotta soak the cables in mineral oil for 20 days and let it dry for 10 for the best performance :wink:

5 Likes

2021-08-12: Sivga SV021: SIVGA SV021 - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Bright V-shaped, velied, massively recessed vocals and mount everest treble peaks…

I cannot understand how a brand that made the Phoenix can come out with something so…dissapointing…

1 Like

Couple lines below…

Sorry, I think you wrong… :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Wtf man “best for audiophiles on a budget”… Did you ever heard of Koss bro??

2 Likes

Probably someone with massive hearing loss that doesnt know what the hell he is talking about.

Similar bass to the sundara??? Like wtf. DD vs planar, Open vs closed back, almost 10 db difference on graph. Yeah, very similar indeed.

And that timbre statement is just wrong. I played the violin for years before and it is so damn wrong…more accurate to say it has BA timbre than DD timbre…

2 Likes

Planar is the reason i still have headphones. IEM made leaps these last few years except on Planars. Nothing in IEM world comes even close to HIFIMAN SUSVARA imo.

Let me disagree here. Trailli is better than Susvara. All you need is for it to burn 1000hours, get a 4k cable, use the exactly tips other people and using and it will do the job just fine :slight_smile: Oh and get me started on sources…

/sarcasmOFF

3 Likes

Yeah, iem planars doesnt seem to be at a good level right now. Maybe in a few years it will have matured more…

Yes you can say Susvara is expensive but you get way more back in sound for similar priced Oriolus Traillii (that get hyped up at head-fi). Head-Fi is one big sell-out nowadays.

Just my 2 cents

2 Likes

Of course. My main problem with HF regarding that topic is that people talk about 2-4-6K iems like they are snacks, as if that’s not a lot of money. People will be mislead and not be aware of dimishing returns :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m curious tho. What do mods even do at head-fi? remove all the critical people/messages and only allow cable preachers / magic makers ??

Good question. But what you said seems to be what they are doing.

They seem to intervene only if you say obscene thing or a thread hits the fan.

Speaking of magic makers, the GK10 is turning into a shit show. Now if you don’t like the bloated sound, either your taste sucks or your unit is defective…

3 Likes

Btw moondrop got a strict pricing policy or something?