RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Actually, even the apple dongle has more power than the Sony A55…

Yeah. I owned A105 for 3 weeks, can’t say it has anything good apart from Sony’s house tuning.

I bought Q3 and stacked it.

As much as I love Sony with their iems, I just cant bring myself to like their daps…they are way too weak and high OI for the price they are at.

1 Like

And their android is too sluggish. I kinda liked the sony APP tho.

I returned both Q3 and A105 and got M3X, never looked back. M3X is a beast for the price. If I end up replacing it, will be for something like DX200 or anything alike

2 Likes

If I returned my DX160. I would probably get the L&P W2.

1 Like

Is on my radar, almost bought it. Problem is I need a DAP.

I still might get that Ovidius B1 to use as dongle and desktop DAC. Really wanna try something 100% neutral that still can be used on the go :slight_smile:

Get a cheap android with a big battery and turn it into a dap with the W2 lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is an option, indeed… I just can’t find the appeal on dongles “dongling” out of my pockets

Get some velcro tape and have them attached that way.

Yeah… I might end up just getting xd-05 and eventually sell my DAP and get a cheap phono with SD capacity and long ass battery, so I use as on the go and on desk @ home and office.

Just doubt any phone will be able to give me 19h+ or balanced playback :frowning: Need to research!

There are a lot of phones out there with massive batteries, like 4000 or even 6000+ mah.

https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g30-10724.php

1 Like

So I just found out that my M3X can output trought USB (tought it was just LO lol). Guess stuff like LPW2 is back on the menu…

I tested this with my BTR5 and it solved my hiss problem on the Land…

What did you use on it? 2.5 or 3.5mm?
Because the OI on that one is similar to the M3X…

4.4 to 3.5mm adaptor

You are using the 3.5mm on the BTR5 then, which has identical (specs) OI as the M3X…maybe the issue is that software bug…

Yeah, still trying to get the hold of it. Never heard it before and Acebee doesn’t get it either…

it sure is weird…

Yup. I knew full well the capability and power of the A55 when I first bought it. It definitely is the weakest of the bunch. I got it due to the wonderful battery life and it still is great to use for my local files and for bluetooth use at times.

I just didn’t expect I would be venturing deeper into the IEM game and if I were to get something like the Variations or something at that caliber, I need something that can handle them. My friend just happened to gift me his Q3 so I’m pretty much set for a good long while!

2 Likes

I’m back home, tested with the teas. It’s not the cable, it’s the DAP. Shows way less on the Teas since they are less sensible, that’s why I probably never catched it… FML

2 Likes

Oh no I definitely won’t! Don’t worry! hahaha! Gotta save money for IRL stuff as well.

I’m just still surprised how going simply from an entry level DAP like the A55 into a DAC like the Q3 is such a huge upgrade to my music library and FD5. And I assume the Q3 is not even in the mid-range of DACs.

But I am very happy with what I have now and will be sticking to it for a long while. It is a lowkey good idea to start with entry level audio gear and slowly upgrade from there.

1 Like