RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Yeah. I hope this is tuned to their old house tuning, the A7 is actually quite different from how they sounded in the past.

The old house tuning is basically a super tight/fast but very powerful (quantity) bass, airy treble and huge soundstage.

Judging from the graph, it looks quite similar to the Z04A and the A6.

1 Like

Huuum I like that… Getting a sample?

No idea, I just asked them about it.

1 Like

I like the looks of this thing. The claim that they chose the cable material to improve the sound is a bit worrying, though.

Actually, damn. Looks like the A6 with the black filter… might be too bright for me though

Pretty much every brand out there does this though…

Even Etymotic kinda claims the same thing

“To improve performance, we designed the Evo with a high-end Estron cable.
The Linum BaX T2™ reduces microphonics thanks to being extremely lightweight, while maintaining reliability and durability.”

I am just kinda hoping the performance they are talking about is the reduced microphonics, durability, and reliability. Though it is a super thin cable and a weird uncommon standard for the connector with expensive replacement cables… so Ety being Ety.

2 Likes

Well, just buy the adaptor and insert an mmcx cable :joy:

I have used mmcx to 2 pin and 2 pin to mmcx adapters before and really don’t like using them if I don’t have to. They tend to mess with the cable fitment since they add a decent amount of length to the connector. It is an imperfect solution at best.

1 Like

Yep, that is still enough length to mess with cables that have preformed ear hooks.

Yeah, I have it but never use it anymore.

They are useful for TWS earhooks though since those usually have a bit more play in how the earhooks are formed to try and be more universal.

I know, I dont like it. But thats the only way for you to replace that evo cable. Thst paying a shitload for an okay cable

I already have an Aeolus…

6 Likes

1 Like

2021-08-14: Added graphs from @tgx78 into my own squig.
https://rg.squig.link/?share=Yanyin_Aladdin_(tgx78)

Since he got a lot of different graphs that other people dont have. I figured I should add them into my own squig as a temporary solution until he gets his own squig db.

Do be aware that you should take these graphs with a grain of salt due to different measuring setups and other factors like that.

8 Likes

2021-08-15: Denon AH-D1100: Denon AH-D1100 - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

If you love bass, warm and relaxed tonality, I highly recommend this. Otherwise you might want to stay away from it.
Heavily considering the AH-D1200 now…

1 Like

After using the Q3 Dac for 3 days, it feels like my FD5 is almost an entirely new IEM. I did not expect the sound to be so much better. Vocals are much more lush now. Soundstage is wider and much better instrument seperation. To put things in perspective, I’m coming from my Sony A55. I guess the FD5 really does benefit with better sound chips. I’m really curious how it sounds in more expensive dacs now, but I’m happy with what I have currently since this is my first DAC!

I thought I share my FFXIV soundtrack playlist here as well! Listening to FFXIV’s version of “Vamo” alla Flamenco" is quite the highlight. Now when I use the Q3 dac, during “Shadowbringers” at the 3:41 mark, I could hear guitar riffs on the left channel that I couldn’t hear before on my FD5. “Storm of Blood” is also another highlight! Do try listening to them with your own IEMs and Headphones!

Still slowly saving and aiming for Variations! :grin:

1 Like

Thats probably because the A55 is very weak.

2 Likes

If it makes you happy, don’t go all in. Dimishing returns hit hard and Q3 is a very fine piece of equipment :slight_smile: With that said, do what I’m telling you, not what I do >_> still keeping an eye on that Xduoo XD-05 Balanced

1 Like