RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

I see I see. I seem to understand more now. To be fair, that starfield was broken and replaced twice so maybe that could be the weird case. If the starfield hadn’t been broken, I wouldn’t be getting the FD5 in the first place, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

Clearly and easier to understand now that you explained it honestly. My original thought after they told me about the multi-BA stuff being harder to drive really made me not look into BA-only iems at all since I knew at the time my A55 won’t drive them at all. Glad to know to be wrong on this.

So the ones that I need to look out for are the hiss on iems with the current gear that I have right now.

Very wrong lol. All you need with BA iems is quality power (low OI).

Avoid iems with a resistance under 24 ohms (“rule of eights”, 1 OI should not be paired with a transducer under 8 ohm, 2 OI should not be paired with a transducer under 16 ohm, and so on). And especially BA iems, they WILL hiss on it.

(I would honestly get another amp, 3 OI is just way too high…)

1 Like

So when comes the time for me to get the Variations, the Q3 may not be able to power it at it’s best? Since it’s less than 16 ohm, unless I’m reading it wrong.

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 11.26.36 PM

Yeah, I would expect the FR to be different for you.

Hmm Interesting. I’ll keep an eye on that.

Thanks again btw! Gotta hit the hay now. You have a good day ahead!

1 Like

Seems I will get 5 iems this week (1-3 days) lol.

Moondrop Quarks
Geek Wold GK10
Vento Conductor T-500 Pro
Tri I3 Pro
Kbear Robin

4 Likes

I am really liking the M3X I picked up off the Buying/Selling thread as a test of what an Android DAP can do. Though it doesn’t do part of what I wanted to do with it, I am enjoying it a lot and the battery life is amazing.

2 Likes

I love the player, just having some problem with white-noise hiss since my Lands are very sensible… I’ll prolly get something to stack or a LPW2 or something and change later down the road.

Battery is hard to beat :slight_smile: Also form factor is nice, not too big.

That is odd, what settings are you using? I was using my Dunu EST112 which pickup background hiss easily and didn’t get it though I was on low amp single dac when using it.

Also you might want to try the Ifi IEMatch if the hiss is the only issue. While it makes some bizarre claims for dropping the decibels and for eliminating hiss it does a great job.

Yeah, that option might be on the Table as well. I use it balanced. I’ll try single dac, but doubt it makes a difference. No difference from High to Low gain as well

You can get it in balanced, though I think it is 2.5mm so you would have to use an adapter. That might also be the difference I only use the M3X single ended. I will try balanced with the Dunu later since it is just a tip swap.

Nice haul… Any high expectations from the bunch?

T-500 Pro (seems to be very similar to the KBEAR Believe) and the I3 Pro are the main players.

Quarks, I expect it will kill me with its 3k peak.
GK10, QC lottery.
Robin, no idea.

1 Like

Need to check this Vento Conductor T-500 Pro :sweat_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

So… I made some upgrades

The xinhs custom cable for 1more arrived and I am pleasantly surprised… for the most part

It fits really well, the cable itself feels nice, but the connectors and splitter feel a bit cheaper than the usual silver ones tbh.

(I hope this post is welcome on this thread and sorry for the pictures, i have a really bad lighting rn)

4 Likes

Nice! :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve found that black acessories are worse and plastic compared to silver/gold ones.

Nice cable, congratz :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any suggestions for a very dynamic IEM? I guess it would have to have a dynamic driver like a hybrid or a single DD. I have the JVC HA-FDX1, and I love it with EQ but I just want more of an open and dynamic presentation. Like an IEM version Focal Clear. I looked at RikudouGoku’s database, maybe the Dunu Zen but apparently there is a new Zen Pro coming out soon with better treble so maybe I’ll wait on that.

1 Like

I’m looking for the same thing, waiting for zen pro reviews… Let us know how you go