RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Aww man, yet another iem I’ll have to check reviews about :sleepy:

You need ANOTHER Dap? What happened to M3X?

Nothing, it’s here and it’s being used and loved. In fact I have a new leather case incoming on my penon package that is stuck in customs.

Some days ago I noticed some white noise on my lands when you play some music then stop it. Now I cant unhear it. Its less notable on my Teas, but evident on my Lands as I told you. Was really hoping it was the cable but its the dap.

Since Im on the market for a dac/amp, trying to find new sources to explore and to use on my desktop/at work since I work long hours, I’m trying to find a solution that might help with that.

My talk with riku was about the future, when ai decide to upgrade the DAP, eventually. Not in a close future tho. Don’t worry, we’ll still have the same iems and dap :joy:

1 Like

I’d love to get an IEM version of the focal clears too, I love the OG clear but I prefer IEMs so would love one in that form. So far I’ve not found anything quite like them though, my MMR Gae Bolg seems to present the soundstage similarly to Focals though. I’ve been told that the Jomo Flamencos may be something in the right direction for that, so they may be worth looking into although they are a bit more expensive than something like the Zen used.

Plenty of iems being released lately (this is the time when a lot of stuff gets released, all the way until the end of december) so better wait and see.

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku, I’ve just bought Smabat M2S Pro based on your review.
Have you perhaps tried other drivers?

Golden driver 150ohm > > Stock, in my opinion

1 Like

No I havent tried the others. The LBBS is probably my endgame…havent felt the slightest degree of interest in other buds after getting it.

3 Likes

So the race is on. BGGAR’s Mele is supposed to go on sale 8/20 and my LBBS I ordered on 8/9 has just arrived with the postal service and has an ETA of 8/20 as well. So it just might beat the order date of the Mele.

3 Likes

as my (short) experience, you’ll need some more big bucks to upgrade from LBBS and M2S to get real upgrades, so… They probably will be endgame for a lot of people.

I might sell all my buds at some point (the ones that worth any money) and some IEMs, but I’m just too lazy

Depending on what you offer I might grab a number of the ones that are not worth a ton all at once to fill out my collection…

1 Like

Due to the vents most likely being blocked by your ears, it probably is closer to this:

5 Likes

That is a very distinctive cable (not sure if I like it or not though). Is that really redish copper or a trick of the lighting?

Subbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bass.

How does it sound?

Lol it matches your target but that spikes…

1 Like

I will take a better pic with my macro lens…

Its probably this cable: KB EAR 8 core oxygen free copper cable with metal 2pin/MMCX/QDC/TFZ Connector Use For ZS10 PRO ZSN PRO ZSN AS10 BL 03|Earphone Accessories| - AliExpress

Oh, are Tri and KBEar related? If it is a rustic copper color then I like that a lot more then bright shiny copper cables.

Its actually pretty clean, since its on the tighter side rather than a boomier bass like the blon.

The treble is pretty missleading actually. Doesnt sound peaky. 3k is safe too (which I was worried about lol).

They are the same. Tri offers their more premium stuff, while Kbear is budget.
Yeah, it is definitely not a bright copper like the Faaeal (A3).

3 Likes

That is that planar + DD + BA IEM, right? If so did they finally get planar in an IEM right? Or is it another wait till something else comes along.

Honestly, after hearing the Hifiman Sundara. I pretty much have to throw away all my generalization I made on Planars. The Tin Hifi P1 sounds nothing like it.

This I3 Pro, definitely does not sound like the P1. Which is a very good thing.

2 Likes

I will keep my eye on it then, I am a sucker for interesting tech in IEMs.