RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Unfortunately as long as you get quality things the difference is sound is often not close to the difference in price as you go up. So it becomes a question of how much is a few percent of difference worth to you. Honestly there is no right answer to that question just the search to find what suites your needs for a price you are comfortable paying.

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku or anyone who owns the GD3A can you recommend a replacement cable?

I havent received mine yet so not sure if the cable is easily replaceable or not :confounded:

Sorry. I got rid of all of my Schiit gear. I still think you should give tubes a try at some point.

2 Likes

Go to the bottom of the page and click the Cable Rankings button.

Hint - XINHS!

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/910746107?spm=a2g0o.detail.100005.1.564f65ecwuGGKG

2 Likes

It is a recessed 2 pin port in the earphone, worth mentioning in case flush connectors are also stocked. As far as I know, most 2 pin cables come with the right shape to for a recessed port.

It just means the 2 pins on the cable need to come out of a raised block so they can reach into the IEMs.

It’s especially important as they engineered the venting to use the 2 pin mounting.

Edit: all you need to look for is the pins emerging from little rectangles like in this picture (ignore specific model and pricing, just for visuals)

Again it could be that’s the norm, and you’d be unlikely to get 2 pins that don’t have that feature. You just wouldn’t want one like these:

4 Likes

I consider tubes, the problem is i only have 2 headphones now, and the LCD-X is my daily driver so tubes would not pair well i think.

If i had some Focals or other high end dynamics i would get some tubes for sure though. But honestly, the LCD-X gives me “wow” moments many times a day, every day even with the Modi / Magni. Now they just got like 5% better which is very cool for $100. lol

1 Like

Thank you @rattlingblanketwoman that explained it really well!

And thanks @Resolution for bringing that list to my attention :grinning:

4 Likes

Someone view the new toIEF Compensation Target??

I am going to purchase this one on the 23rd sale
:
https://m.fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005001738261920.html

3 Likes

Love that color! I don’t own since i’m pretty sure that cable will be stiff as hell, but drop some photos when you get it! I’m very curious to see it with other lenses :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope it is light and flexible since it is only 19 strands 0,08mm on 4 cores. I am not much into gazillion strands anymore :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thanks @Grolik I will also get one from that store, thanks for bringing the sale to my attention :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I have it and it’s a great cable. It’s not stiff at all, it’s not the most flexible out there but definitely not stiff

1 Like

Can you share a photo?

Sure, just need to find in which box is it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Found it, here ya go… Sorry about low res and out of focus pics, seems like camera on my P30 Pro starts to act crazy when light is not good

3 Likes

Beautiful. I want it even more now :drooling_face:
Thanks

1 Like

Yeah, I need to grab that one… I’m a sucker for that color. might do it with black acessories, tho.

1 Like

Probably around B rank. And the OH10 is more of a basshead iem anyway.

1 Like

2021-08-20: Vento Conductor VC T-500 Pro: Vento Conductor VC T-500 PRO - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Cant really recommend this at the price it is at. This is for the bass lovers, but even then there are plenty of other better options for you depending on what you want. Like the Fiio FH3 (quality bass), Ikko OH10 (quality/quantity bass) or Sony EX800ST/Tingker TK200 (quantity bass).

2 Likes