RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Which one do you rec? i was thinking another KBear Rhyme, i don’t want to spend more than the cost of the actual IEM on its cable! lol

XINHS…unless you are talking about amazon stuff.

1 Like

No i will use aliexpress for this one, i never used a XINHS cable before i may as well try one this time!

I liked the KBear Rhyme a lot so i just keep buying the same cable every time i need a new one, hahaha

oh boy, you are in for a ride then.

2 Likes

Xinhs baby!!! Drop in discord some time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t have any cables with QDC connectors so I went with this. I like it and it’s about the same cost of the IEM! ROFL!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07STC4GVT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

@luizgarcia We gotta get you into our Discord channel. That’s where we have all our fun now. lol

@Rikudou_Goku can we get @luizgarcia an invite?

2 Likes

He is in the server lol.

But here is the link:

1 Like

nymz told me. I’m late to the party.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yep i am in, i just don’t have the habit of using discord :slight_smile:

What is the deal with this QDC stuff? I am just using my Mangird Tea cable which is 2-pin and it fits and works fine?

Is it just the finishing with that plastic around the pins? Not sure if i should get myself XINHS 2-pin cable which would work in other IEMs i have or go for this QDC…

QDC is more secure on these, 2 pins will get loose after heavy usage.

1 Like

Man this KZ DQ6 is a surprise in may ways to me, i can’t take these out of my ears! Sure the Dunu Zen humiliates it but it costs 25x more, these sound great and most importantly they are the most comfortable IEMs i have ever tried.

Another surprise, the highest level of comfort for me comes from using the smallest STOCK TIP!!! I don’t even know why i tried it, it is so thin and tiny but when i did try it i was able to get the shell to sit completely inside my ears and i swear i can’t even tell i am wearing an IEM at all even after a couple of hours.

This is mind blowing to me, the sound is good while not perfect but the comfort IS perfect, like 100% perfect. I never tried a CIEM but i imagine it would feel similar to this.

It is hard to give up the comfort which comes from a perfect fit even to get a better sound from the Tea or from the Zen…

5 Likes

If you look at the stock cable, you’ll understand. It is horrible, but you can see how the cable covers the IEM connectors completely. You can get away with 2pin but it’s a QDC connector and I wanted a proper cable for this fantastic IEM. :slight_smile: Give your Zen a break and enjoy the music. :wink:

I think they are the ultimate beater set. Only 30 bucks! :slight_smile:

They sealed with the stock tips immediately (which is a literal miracle for me) and they felt like they were custom made for my ears. Amazing right?

I use the default one. I think the tips seal so well for me and almost disappear because the silicone is so thin. It’s why I usually use CP100.

3 Likes

I ended up purchasing this cable, i get to try a XINHS cable for the first time and also got a proper QDC connector. I agree this IEM deserves a proper cable.

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku did you know KZ has tuned a set pretty close to your reference target ?

It is called the ZAS, was released earlier this year I believe.

The DD is probably the same XUN as in DQ6, judging by the cavity, but with more feed from the crossover.
Less peaky treble, but handled by BAs. No BA in nozzle.

1 Like

Yeah, I have seen it. 2k bump might still be a bit too much for me.

1 Like

Am I the only one that worries how shouty the KZ set with 7 BAs will be ?

I am sort of interested to try out that new ZEX just to see what a cheap KZ without a BA sounds like. They went DD + electrostatic. I know HBB liked it.

The graph doesnt look that bad.

DD + MST

2 Likes

Hey buddy…a quick question…what’s your fav source, set jam when you’re not reviewing?

1 Like