RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Stuck in limbo

Is this your first earbud?

First since the last 2 decades, yes. I had earbuds when I was like 17, back in 2000. As I said, I never could have a decent fit with these things.

Just purchased the ZEX after listening and loving the DQ6, hope the fit is similar because the DQ6 is by FAR the most comfortable IEM i have ever tried!

2 Likes

yeah, going from iems to earbuds is a drastic change. It took me a few tries before I got adjusted to it.

i gave up on that, i am too much of a basshead / slamhead for earbuds :slight_smile:

Did you try the LBBS with PEQ? That one can rumble more than some iems lol.

1 Like

I agree: on some songs, i’ve had more slam on the lbbs than on the SSR

well, the SSR has quite the rolled-off bass.

Not really, the question is: Can the LBBs with PEQ rumble more than IEMs with PEQ? hahaha

I EQ all my IEMs as you know :slight_smile:

There’s not enough gain for you. :smile:

Luizgarcia 1: EQ 0

Rolled-off indeed.

Speaking of this, I compared lbbs VS SSR. I prefer the lbbs because if the voice are thinner, at least they have a shine to it. The voices with SSR sound bland on some songs. On the other side, the lbbs seems off on some classic I tried. The lack of some low frequencies results in a strange sound.

Well, you are a special case lol.

I suggest trying the LBBS on a day when you havent heard any iems, it might be a better experience. (same goes for when I move from iem → headphones, they lack a lot of sub-bass to me.)

3 Likes

Yesterday I auditioned 6 IEMs (Moondrop Blessing 2, Moondrop Variations, FiiO FH5, FiiO FH7, Sony IER-Z1R and Sony XBA-N3). I am owning FiiO FH3 as my daily driver for 7 months now. XBA-N3 is really my no1 according to my taste, most forward vocal and natural timbre, very open airy and not harshy treble, superb bass. Maybe the other IEMs need other DAC to perform well. I tested on my FiiO Q3 dac-amp (bass mode ON for others, but OFF for XBA-N3). Actually FiiO FH3 (bass ON) almost sounds same as XBA-N3, except XBA-N3’s superior naturality and timbre. Now I understand why people said FH3 has a bit metallic vocal, due to BA timbre. Maybe I will buy XBA-N3 in future, or perhaps Sony will release new XBA-N3 model? Thanks @RikudouGoku you reviews so far suit my taste. From FiiO FH3, Radius deep mount tips and few other 3-4 iems I;ve auditioned…

QUestion, @Rikudou_Goku what tips are you using for FH3 now? RDM or Final E… I prefer open treble and forward thick vocal

1 Like

U demoed Z1R and you prefer N3? :open_mouth:

N3 price definitely better than Z1R. :smiley:

1 Like

First, Z1R can’t fit my ears. Big shell and heavy. Secondly, z1r sounds a bit thin or compressed. Maybe needs better dac-amp? Or wrong tips/ poor seal

1 Like

What were your thoughts on the moondrop iems? sound and fit? @kepok_lekor

Which ones specifically?

Sorry, I meant to reply to kepok, but I think I am doing something wrong. I meant both that he mentioned: Moondrop Blessing 2 and Moondrop Variations.