RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Definitely a poor seal if the Z1R sounds thin in the bass region…

They are notoriously uncomfortable, regardless.

Sadly I won’t be able to do that: I have to hurt my ear in order to get a seal that isn’t even complete. I felt it again yesterday while comparing with the SSR.

Fit problems plus the fact that I’m far from endgame with iems makes me want to concentrate on iems. I should send a message to the lbbs seller, to check about his return policy.

Seal? Dont you find them confortable? Or do they fall down from your ear?

If it stretches your tragus and antihelix of your outer ear don’t worry, I also experienced pain when I first bought it, you will get used to it as long as you don’t push the buds into your ears too hard.

I wonder why Sony made such an unconfortable IEMs?! At least is a sauna good?

I think you are doing something wrong. You dont get a seal with earbuds.

1 Like

Nope, I don’t find them comfortable at all.

To be more precise, as it seems I didn’t choose my words very well (I blame you, language barrier!!): I don’t really try to get a seal. Is just that If I push the buds a little against my ear, the sound changes and I get more bass. But the East doesn’t stay that way and I lose a lot of bass and slam. I’m not a Baghdad at all, but I have the feeling I don’t hear what I should when I don’t push the buds.

As for the uncomfort: my tragus is fine that’s the parts at the opposite that get irritated. If I don’t push the buds as far as I do (to get less tension on these areas), the sound is completely off. And I may try again, but I think the buds would not be secure enough and could fall at any movement.

Thought this impression would be relevant for this thread as well:

It’s pretty natural to have that issue. If you press them against your ears, the bass goes up. Earbuds try to change that with delivering more bass to overcome that incomplete seal.

Typically the shells and drivers are designed to operate without a complete seal. You’re meant to just hook them into your ears and the foam helps to create some seal, but not a complete one.

For the most part, I think how well an earbud seals and the changes in sound is why earbuds have been phased out of popularity.

For example, LBBS and other K’s bell shapes have a convex bell-shape. Not many people find these comfortable, but K’s has a special shell design to make them small and flatter. Concave shell designs can be more comfortable as they hook into the ear more, but might not provide a good seal because they don’t apply pressure.

I think this is why people can be so split on earbuds in reviews and forums. Overall ear shape and how well they seal can change a person’s opinion. Finding what shell type and sound signature related to them is part of the journey.

Maybe your ears would prefer something like HE 150Pro with a concave shell design.

2 Likes

LZ A4 Pro:
20211025_131038.jpg
20211025_131333.jpg
20211025_131657.jpg
20211025_131736.jpg
20211025_131808.jpg
20211025_131859.jpg
graph (80).png
12 combinations. :joy:

Oh and the cable is 100% the XINHS 8 core graphene cable, it measures at 0.11 ohm.

9 Likes

Damn there are drastic changes to the sound profile for the lz. You can definitely bring it to your preference.
How s the technicalities?

1 Like

I just got it…and im busy with exams this week so it take a while before I got time.

3 Likes

This is the first LZ i actually like the looks! Fit should be better as well hopefully, looking forward to reading your review on this one

2 Likes

2021-10-25:
Oh boy, here we go again. Third time’s the charm

graph (87).png
graph (85).png

These high-density tuning foams are great for the DQ6. Essentially the Hana filter, except these are only 2 usd for 20 pieces lol.

graph (86).png
The low-density version doesnt really do anything though.

Installation:
You simply remove the stock filter by taking a tweezer and pressing down on it and pull it back up (be careful to not ruin it if you wanna reuse the stock filter). Then drop the tuning foam in the nozzle and press it down so it stays in there.

5 Likes

Speaking of the DQ6, just got my first XINHS cable for it. You guys were not kidding, i chose the cheapest one and it is awesome! Will buy a couple more for sure.

As a bonus the DQ6 had no case, this cable comes with a very nice one!

6 Likes

Now you tell me. You could’ve saved me $20 by not having to buy the Tanya.

1 Like

Well, I just got this today. The Tanya filter might be more useful for iems with a bigger nozzle, because those tuning foams are tiny, included stock tips are great and the Tanya itself has a great reputation.

2 Likes

Can you confirm which pins you got for it? It’s it QDC?
Need to get a cable for mine.

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Thanks for your effort of graphing every combination :+1:t2::+1:t2:

3 Likes