RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

OK, thanks. Glad I didn’t just assume! hahaha

Would you say the RW2000 are larger?

They do feel a bit larger. MX500 gets a bit deeper into my ears.

1 Like

I know you’ve been happy with LBBS, but wondering whether you are done with trying new buds going forward? Do the upcoming Smabat M3 intrigue you at all?

I am apparently getting the Astrotec Lyra Nature limited editition. So I guess that will decide if I want more. Currently got zero interest otherwise…(I might get the nicehck lucky bag that has the quin39 on 11/11 though)…

Smabat has that 3k peak I dont like…

1 Like

Cool, thanks. I am pondering the LBBS…but I’ve read there are varying versions, AND I am uncertain if they will be a good (physical) fit for me (the MX500-style seems pretty much spot-on for my ears).

I read your RW2000 review, and that helped to make them a 11/11 contender for me. Plus, I am fixated on preferring detachable cable.

LBBS is endgame. The only versions is the “S” version and the non-S version. The S version is the good one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32983779232.html

Its the one with the black nylon/cloth cable.

4 Likes

GS Audio ST1

Jewelry

7 Likes

2021-11-01: GS Audio ST1 first impressions:
Bass: above average BA bass in terms of texture. It is very clean due to the speed and tightness, although slightly slower/looser than the usual BA bass. Not a lot of quantity, for both sub/mid-bass. Extension and rumble are lacking, typical of BA bass.

Mids: Male vocals are clean and slightly forward, but does lack some warmth. Female vocals are forward, very clean and very good tonality.

Treble: Slightly laidback and warm treble, but still has very good clarity. Upper-treble/air is pretty good for something with only 1 BA.

Overall: Has the potential to end up being my default rec for people wanting a neutral tuned iem at this price range.

5 Likes

Tea Cult seal of approval on this one. Straight into my rec list. Now Riku approves it.

To all the guys pming about vocal budget stuff before Teas, it’s either LBBS or this - pick your poison!

You cant make lbbs look like these tho :smirk:

11 Likes

or this

6 Likes

If I get one more IEM from them, I might consider clear shells. We’ll see :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Those are some amazing macros

I always think the graphic in the background on your chart is overkill.
I can spot a @Rikudou_Goku chart from orbit,
… it is the one with the never to be met sub bass target

You mean the goku image?

1 Like

(this was with poor lighting lol.)

If not for my kids, I wouldn’t know what you were saying, but yes. :wink:

Take a look at precog’s squig then.:joy:

https://precog.squig.link/?share=Precog_Target

3 Likes

Any news on the updated GD5 with vents?

Heck yes, a fellow reviewer:

2 Likes

I’m wondering…

Does anyone here ever listened the Nicehck DB3?

It is quite popular in my local community as a quite competent performer with flat/neutral tuning under 30$.

Actually I own one right now, it’s my very first IEM into this hobby.
I feel that it has better details and transients than the Blon 03 but it sounds super dry. Maybe it’s my preference on warmer tunings and perceiving a flat response as dry and lifeless.

Curious about what you guys think if anyone had a chance to listen to them.

There is certainly a healthy overlap on the Venn diagram of Anime and ChiFi consumers.

I enjoyed many of the Miyazaki / Ghibli films, but never got into most of the anime that followed.

2 Likes

(GD3C)

Nothing yet.

5 Likes